Don't know if this is a common thing in PL but it really disturbed and offended me at the same time. This hasn't happened to any of my friends so I'm sending a shout out to anyone for some advice.

A few nights ago I was soloing with my mage when 4 others joined the game half way through (yeah!). When we finished off one of the big bosses one of the other players started demanding money from me via public chat. When I asked what he was talking about he stated that while the boss was being killed him & I had traded something but I took the item without paying. When I told him that he must have mistaken me for one of the other players he then proclaimed that I was a thief and he was going to tell everyone about it & warn people about me. I stated that I don't trade (which I don't - I usually gift items I don't need to lower level strangers or just sell them). I also mentioned that the boss was aggroing on me so I was always on the move - can't do that & trade at the same time - duh. He continued on about how he was going to ruin my reputation for cheating him out of his gold until I finally had enough (as this was all via public chat still) so I booted him from the game. Thank the Bob Almighty it was my game. I was so shocked by this encounter that when the level was clear I logged off PL until I could settle down. After so many years of playing MMORPGs online I had never experienced anything like that before so wasn't really sure what to do, beyond the booting.

Any suggestions or advice from some of the old timers? Is there anything one can do about harrassment like that?