Thread: Do engineeers need a buff?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default Do engineeers need a buff?

Does anyone else feel that engineers are the weakest class right now in the game? They don't have anything near the damage output of operatives and nor the durability of commandos.

It seems that they are pure support right now. All of the AOE spells are damage over time. Unfortunately, targets are often dead before the engineer's AOE can get any kills.

I think that engineers need at least one or two fairly powerful AOE spells to compensate.

One thing I found very interesting is that arguably the "best" class and probably the most commonly played is also the most similar to its PL counterpart - bird vs operative. A lot of the spells are similar: repulse, thorn root, break armor, blinding shot all have SL counterparts that are similar. One could argue that the level 20 op skill is kind of like blast shot. On the other hand, commando is fine the way it is. As this game is ranged, equipping commandoes with melee slashes wouldn't work.

Edit:

I have decided to necro this thread because I want to draw attention to the difficulties that engineers are experiencing these days in SL PvP.

Notice when this thread was made and how long these issues have persisted. In August, I insisted that engineers in their state would not stand a chance in SL PvP. Others disagreed and well ... time told the story.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 01-27-2012 at 09:12 PM.