Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    long quotes flooding page
    Lets look at it this way.
    Apple doesn't accept unfinished apps. Could this app have been submitted as a ready-to-sell app: probably, since PL was.
    Android accepts unfinished apps.
    Verizon Wireless's relatively new app store, VCast, accepts unfinished apps, does it quickly, and from what I was reading, is the current best choice for developers seeking feedback on games.

You Apple people think you're being shafted? What about the Android users who can't play the game yet? They have the right phones...just not the right provider. STS is smart and got their game approved by the easiest and most beneficial company. By releasing a 'beta' to a smaller audience, they get more consistent bug reports opposed to thousands of people spamming about how they died and want more money or how they want to fly around on magic carpets and shoot laser beams from their eyes.

To end my award winning argument: Could this game have been released on all markets? Yep. Would it have been buggy as all hell? Yep. We're 2 weeks in and still having problems. Was releasing the game to the easiest market first to allow a trial period to fix the game and get it running better so when everyone plays it's not crashing every 15 minutes and theres pandaemonium on the forums? You bet.

You want to play the game all buggy? Be my guest. I'll tell you one thing, it wasn't fun having to redo the same mission 400 times in a row only to learn it was glitched and wasn't completable. Or to get force closed after the end of Dead Mans cave every single time it was played. Or to have to click on a crate until my finger tips bled because there was a glitch where only a certain spot at a certain angle during a certain month of a certain year between the hours of 11 am and 11:21 am would work to open it.

I've submitted my fair share of bugs/glitches/suggestions/feedback these past 2 weeks. Probably could have had more fun playing PL. Stuck with the beta to better the game for you unappreciative whiny people. You wanna know how long it takes to get to lvl 20? Not very long. 21 was 4900 xp after 20. Upon release 21 will be 490 xp away. Items liquidate for 1, 2 or 3 credits and the most expensive item I've seen in the auction goes for like 4k. When the game releases and you can get items and they sell and liquidate for normal prices...it wont be hard to catch up.

You don't hear the people complaining who start playing this game months from now. They'll come in at lvl 1 with no experience and no idea about anything. Meanwhile we're all galavanting around with tons of money and freakin cannons on our hands. Isn't that an "unfair advantage" for them, by everyone's definition of it?
    Last edited by Flowman; 07-21-2011 at 01:00 PM.