Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    If the LB is filled with boosters then why not just get rid of the LB completely? It serves no real purpose except for self gratification. Most agree that the kdr doesn't make the player and since there is no real way to determine if the kills were farmed in FH or repeat CtK runs we can all agree that it's not impressing anyone once they find out how it's done. I know that when I had no deaths, I was accused of being a coward and just exiting the map before I could be killed; so I was booted from multiple games because of my kdr. There is never really going to be a way to prove just how the LB status was achieved, so why bother even having one?
    The purpose of this thread was to bring some meaning to the leaderboards, so your question was automatically answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Diodge View Post
    Have you ever played a MMo other then this? Twinking is a big huge part of almost all mmo.

high level farming -vs- low level farming - (Who can spend more time farming?) There nothing special about getting boards. It shows you have alot of time to farm.

....These games are small. very small because of what we play them on. People find ways to enjoy games. Twinking is a way.
    ((low level gear made me tons of money))
    I've played quite a few MMOs - Everquest, MS, La Tale, EVE, and a few free ones and "twinking" only exists as a very, very small subset population (less than 3-5%) of all players. It really isn't a huge part of all MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    So XP locked farmers will be screwed over for kills while still being able to get deaths. I really thought you'd be reasonable about this. I am sorry, but I do not like this change.

A good level 51 pink drop in PL appears once in a week usually. The kills while farming for it were the only good thing to come out of that session. Why oh why do deaths have to count if kills don't while XP locked? It's severely unfair to those not abusing the XP lock for kills.
    You represent only an extremely small fraction of players that farm a specific dungeon, with locked XP, for lower-leveled pinks, which from what I understand is really used for:
    1. To rip people off by tricking them into thinking they are lv 55 pinks
    2. For dual specing, even though AO pinks can be used for loadouts (they are thousand-folds cheaper)

Is there any other major game-breaking advantages to farming lv 51/53 pinks over 55s? Because I really don't see any advantage...