Hey, all:

I would have posted in the Warrior Forum but I'm afraid it would be seen by practically no one.

It's common knowledge that the warrior class is severely underpowered. Not only is its base DPS crappy; it also has to close with its target to start doing damage, further lowering its effective DPS.

Moreover, some of the few usable skills can't be cast while in motion, and warriors have to move more than their ranged counterparts. Can someone please explain why archers can cast Focus on the fly while warriors have to stand still to cast Rage? I didn't realize that you had to be motionless to get angry.

Even its ability to tank is unremarkable. Being a mob-magnet who has to spam potions isn't exactly fun. Granted, finding a competent healer makes matters a bit better.

Anyway, here are some suggestions for easy fixes that could make the class more enjoyable to play.

1. Reduce the cooldown timer on Beckon. Beckon, especially when combined with Stomp, gives the warrior a sense of purpose: crowd control and AoE damage. However, the timer on Beckon is a tad on the long side.

2. Add Dodge modifiers to shields and heavy weapons to simulate blocking and parrying. Something on the order of +10 dodge for heavy shields, +6 for wing shields, +2 for bracers might work. Swords and axes could get +3, two-handers +6.

3. Increase the effect of strength on damage, health and health regeneration. I almost didn't include this because this request has become a broken record.

4. A bit more range, allowing warriors to acquire targets a faster -- perhaps in the form a polearm weapon that would be slow but deliver a lot of damage per swing, making the damage add of the slashing weapons skills more dramatic.

Anyway, those are my two cents. I'm sure there are a lot more (and better) ideas out there.