Thread: PvP Etiquette

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Talking PvP Etiquette

The Very Unofficial rules and regulations of PvP.

Many people who first get into pvp go to play it, start fighting, and end up getting booted for things like "rush" or "jumper". So here's a quick guide to help you understand pvp etiquette a little better.

1. Many players like to have a "fair fight". This is when both players have full health, mana, and skills recharged. Then one player will usually say: "say go", and when the other player responds with "go", then the fight begins.

2. Rushing. This is a term players who like to fight in the way in 1. Use to describe when people don't ask for a "fair fight". Thanks to the LB's (leader boards) people working on ratios get veerrry angry when people rush, and tend to boot. I am trying not to be too biased in the matter, but I have always fought in "fair fights" and agree when people mow you over with no warning it can be frustrating. However, there is nothing preventing you from rushing, as it is part of the game.

3. FFA (Free For All) If the people I a game decide FFA , then feel free to attack whenever, without anger from either side. IMO Capture the Flag should always be FFA, and that's how I always play it, so the unofficial rules do not apply to CTF.

4. Kiting, juking, running. Some players will get mad at you for kiting (shooting the player from a long range, outside of that players skill range) or juking (pretending like you are going in close to the enemy and then popping out to avoid their skills) However I think those are just strategy, after all a lvl 20 bird isn't going to just stand their and take the bears attack, are they. Completely running away is a different story- as we are all in a game ment for fun, and you can't lose anything by dying- running away seems a bit low.

Tips:
    1. Always ask FFA before entering a pvp map- that way you can no from the start what's going on.
    2. If somebody asks to 1v1, don't run at them, say: say go.
    3. always be nice, and friendly. And try not to get too worked up about pvp, it's only a ga me.
    4. If the teams are uneven in ctf, ask if you should sit. @ Kraze
    5. Always join teams that have less people than the other team, or join the weaker team if they are even. This helps make the game fair.
    6. When two players are having a 1v1, don't interfere at all, even buffing your team mate is frowned upon. @ Zaltair
    7. Excuses are lame!!!

Just my opinion on the matter. Please no flaming . If theres anything you would like me to add/take off this page, please post it below and a reason why. If it's valid I will do it. Thanks- this is purely to help other players, so once again no flames.
    Last edited by Conradin; 08-06-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conradin For This Useful Post: