Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
Let me get straight to the heart of your comment.

Privacy in itself means we don't want people to know all about us. For whatever reasons (we don't want to attract thiefs, ill intended people following us, using/selling our information for their advertising purposes etc)

Point is, it doesn't matter what the person is "hiding" (objectively speaking, this could be either their personal info, the money/things they have, the things that did they are ashamed of etc) Regardless of what they are "hiding", it matters if you actually have the right to know something someone doesn't want you to know without their consent. And actually to be non-judgmental, I would refrain from using the negatively connotated word "hiding" and use "chooses not to disclose certain information"

Here I will use the simplest example. Phone number. Not every girl you flirt with give your their phone numbers right in the go. People have the right not to disclose their personal information to anyone they know or announce it publicly. They keep it private so that their life doesn't get complicated. Another example would definitely be celebrity. They would certainly "pray hard" for some solid privacy as they already got so much attention on them.

Bottom line is simple.

Privacy = respecting people personal information that they are not willing to share publicly. Don't care what context we are speaking in. And no one is obliged to tell you why they need privacy for. It's basic human respect.

Of course,
1. To circumvent this, we have tech savvy scammers who will find out your personal information even without your consent, and use it against you. In real life this is cyber crime, in game because there's no "government" or that sts doesn't yet have a solid stand/clear rule on this, people can do what they want.
2. If you are concerned with people who have done something "wrong" in the context of real life or game, the authorities or sts have the right to dig their personal information and punish them or ban them accordingly instead of directly giving this power to any random players by allowing anyone to view with complete transparency.

P.S. Frankly, I enjoy having matured discussions without assumptions but the thing I didn't like is you and a few others made it sound like people are bad for wanting privacy while in fact it is in their every right to do so.
You have a reading problem, stay on topic.
You write a lot of blabla that is not related to the subject, as I said before, I only said a history of the names that one has or has had.
It does not affect anyone in any way how you want to make it seem with that page of nonsensical verbiage that does not go to the topic.
The names are currently public, no privacy is invaded as you say, but it is difficult to keep track of even a scamer with the current system.
Contrary to the way in which it benefits the scamer more, because they change their name and disappear quickly.
Currently sts asks for a lot of evidence that players for obvious reasons do not have.
This is to help people, to know who to watch out for.
Regarding your P.D. you have said it yourself. You hide to do "merch" and we all know what that implies. Do not victimize yourself.