Thread: Overthinking the myth set for war

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Overthinking the myth set for war

Hello. Before I start, I would like to clarify some things. Yes, I have tried both mythic weapons in PvE and PvP. Yes, I own a mythic 81 set.I have been a fan of neptaris since the start of expansion, never really liked polaris much.No, I have not tested both weapons in perfect conditions(yet top lbers for ekenta and rahabkor have, no wonder they all use polaris lol) Now, when I clarified some things, let me begin.
    There’s a major problem with mythic set for war, which causes 2 other problems(not being able to clear with 81 myth set and being really helpless in pvp)
    The major problem being one weapon completely outclassing another one(in perfect conditions).Of course, I think the polaris is better. Here is why, let’s compare them on 3 different bosses: rahabkor, ekenta and mecharydon(elite). The best boss for polaris is always mecharydon(small amount of damage needed), because you can easily take knock him down (to his immunity phase) instantly with enough damage, yet with neptaris you would need to waste time marking him and delivering more hits. And lets not forget about teammates, neptaris is usually too slow to have any impact with good team. Rahabkor(requires a moderate amount of damage). Here you could use neptaris to knock him down fast, yet with damage elixirs and good team you can still knock him down with one hit(with some help from team), also, polaris has a “character buff” proc, so you can kill the mini boss slime instantly and take the boss out much faster. Ekenta(big amounts of damage needed). Here, you thought neptaris has to be better since it deals more damage to single target, right? Wrong! For timed, you would rather stack polaris proc on mobs in the entrance, then run in, hit ekenta twice and let teammates finish it off.
    Here’s my point. There shouldn’t be two boss-oriented weapons for one class in current meta, especially if one outclasses another. My suggestion: either nerf polaris(make it deal less damage in a single tick) or rework neptaris: make it a mob clear weapon or a self-buff weapon— so war class actually becomes competitive in PvP with 81 myth set and won’t require a skull axe or TB to run PvE.
    Last edited by Uereazagr; 04-20-2022 at 01:25 PM.