Thread: Spears and apparent "loss" of other weapons at 50+

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Spears and apparent "loss" of other weapons at 50+

Why are there no spears after a while? They're only in AO content then no more. I've always wondered this. It's like the Devs put the weapon in the game then took it out. There's no spear set for level 50 and there's no spears in the sewers. Aren't there supposed to be more weapon options as you level, not less?

Int weapons start as staff only, then as you level up there's wand/shield, then dual handed slicers (Which also don't exist outside of SC).

Dex weapons start as bow only, then as you level up there's daggers, thrown weapons, big bows, dual daggers, and guns, which also disappear as you start sewer content.

Str starts with giant swords then gains various weapons and has the largest selection. The odd thing is that there isn't a SC set for some of them, a bunch also vanish in the sewer, and there's then no set for them.

Spear is arguably the best str weapon because it has the biggest melee range and could give endgame bears a little less to be sad about, which is why I started this thread with spears. Would be nice to have more weapon consistency for options for all classes. Removing weapon options makes me wonder why they were introduced if they were just going to be taken out, anyway.

Hopefully this thread about another inconsistency will get serious support and not people trying to be funny. And without Flow trolling it, which was just mean but I don't hate him cause he's otherwise cool.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 08-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange