After the release of Nuri's Hallows (NH), I also checked for as many 1H weapons I could find, pink ones at least.

There are currently two types of 1H Weapons:

1. Scimitars

2. Clubs

I just want to point out, that like the previous Fury Axe versus Fury Sword on skill damage, the Scimitars give higher skill damage despite having lower weapon damage than Clubs. BUT BUT BUT, it doesn't end there.

Thanks to Elar earlier for lending me his 56 Strongman's Tamin' Club as I compared it to my 60 Tamer's Scimitar of the Big Top.

Weapon damages are :

Club : 153-172, average is 162.5
Scimitar : 127-134, average is 130.0

Weapon damage difference is already an average of 32 damage, 56 Club has 32 more average weapon damage than a 60 Scimitar.

However, the skill difference is only 4 skill damage per skill. Meaning in this case, my Scimitar only had 4 more skill damage per skill than Elar's Club. Negligible amount versus the 32 more damage on your normal attacks, in my opinion.

In conclusion, in terms of damage, Scimitars have a small skill damage advantage over Clubs, but Clubs have a huge advantage in weapon damage (normal attack damage) over Scimitars. Therefore, in my opinion, in this NH campaign, Clubs > Scimitars for damage dealing capabilities. This, however, doesn't know of any advantages a Scimitar may have if it completes a set bonus while the Clubs do not. But for now, I would have to say, Clubs > Scimitars.

I hope it makes sense and it helps you decide, as it made me aim for good Club weapons as well. Please let me know if you have other observations and comments!

Thanks.