Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Name transfer kits?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Post Name transfer kits?

Bit of a random post but:
    name selling is not allowed by STS, as it has a high risk for scams/drama.
    Giving names to friends/transferring names to another character is also risky since some people use bots to try and snipe popular names when they are being changed.

I've been wanting to give a name to a friend but don't really like the risks involved. So I was wondering whether a solution like this is possible;
    A new item called a "name transfer kit", costing 15-30 plat or something, where:
    1. you can use it to store the name of your current character in the kit, renaming the current character to something random, and storing the name in the kit (with the kit somehow showing what name is in it).
    2. You can then trade the kit to anyone, where if they open it they get renamed to the name put in the kit.
    If this is possible, we could avoid people getting scammed with name trades/people having their names stolen, and potentially prevent a lot of drama.

I actually have no idea whether this is easy to actually implement/something people would want but figured I'd suggest it anways, curious to hear what people think.

Sig made by Baron! check out his work here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ron-Sig-Thread

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ent For This Useful Post: