Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony:411243
Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
Alot of players feel remorse the next morning about it, and they dont need to be banned.
That's the part I don't get, I can pretty much say that I avoid making any choice that I believe I'll regret afterwards. If I choose to cheat on a test, I'm prepared to deal with the consequences. I understand curiosity, but everyone had to know that there would be a reckoning. Did anyone actually take the time to think of what the devs have to go through now. Your $100 bill on the street was a good analogy, but let's make it more realistic. How about a new PSP 3000 gaming unit brand new in the box found right outside of an electronic store. The catch is there is a receipt stuffed inside, which has credit card information along with the name of the buyer. Now it's more a choice you have to make with a clear winner and loser.

Those who found this bug had a choice to make, turn in the information and see how it played out, or keep the prize and run. It's unfortunate that the outcome snowballed the way it did, but that's usually how these type of situations go. Look at any time there is a particular mistake made by the STS department (Shadow Caves pinks for all glitch, bank vault Beargular exploit, recipe vs actual crafted item exploit), anytime someone finds a particular issue with the game it become wide spread panic to jump on it before the patch. This time is no different and I imagine that most assumed that STS would just patch it and they would get to keep their reward.
I understand Gluttony.. I wasnt in the right headspace last night tho. Given that same opportunity now I would decide against it, I was just bored and curious last night and I didnt realize all the extra work I might have created for the devs. If I had a voice of reason last night I wouldve listened, but it was more like, "haha let's have fun with this before they roll back xp".

BTW, I have the crown of persistance, so it's not like i'm afraid to grind.. I love grinding out toons..