Thread: My random thoughts on the whole Chrome Jetpack experience...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Default My random thoughts on the whole Chrome Jetpack experience...

I just completed my Black jetpack, after acquiring the yellow, red, and green jetpacks. Here are my observations...

EVENT

* Thank you STS for this event. The kill quests were a welcome change from the ordinary.

* Thank you for announcing that the droids were in-game. I was able to get my green jetpack this way. Since this is the hardest of the 3 to obtain, getting this saved me hours of work.

QUESTS

* I was very disappointed that the quests only yielded 1 EXP. If I kill 1000 enemies for a quest, shouldn't I get more than 1 EXP?

* The quests weren't worded to let us know that we could kill things other than pirates, CyCorp, or Vular Zombies. Also, the rules were applied inconsistently. A vular in CyCorp counted as a CyCorp employee, but a vular in Delta 7 did not count.

ITEMS

* I will be hesitant in the future on jumping on the impulse buying bandwagon. I wish I would have interpreted the silver jetpack description correctly and understood that the speed only lasts a week. I also wish that I had known that the Black Chrome Jetpack gave the same speed boost. I would still have bought the silver jetpack, but I would have done so as a more informed buyer. The speed increase DID help grinding.

* The silver jetpack and silver antennae look excellent. They actually look better than the Black Chrome Jetpack. When I'm wearing the Black Chrome, I keep thinking I'm wearing a piano. (The texture around exhaust nozzles look like piano keys.)

* I love the poot-poot-poot rings that the jetpacks trail behind. That was a nice touch.

TECHNICAL GRINDING

* I learned that a lv25 Engineer can clear house faster than a lv28 Operative. Don't deny the power of Transference!

* Transference and Pain seem to have a maximum target limit. When I'd gather a large crowd, I would sometimes miss killing a few.

* Running solo and recycling Red Sun Pirate maps seemed to give me kills faster.

* Running in a group seemed to give me CyCorp kills faster.

* Using speed boosters can make killing harder. I was often finding that I would unknowingly outpace my current target. I'd be on the other side of the room, trying to kill something else point-blank range, and yet my targeting line would be pointing backwards. This was a little annoying on a phone screen because it's not always easy to click on a nearby enemy to target it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IBNobody For This Useful Post: