Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Open letter to the devs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

[/QUOTE]
    except you would get a L20 drop instead.

For holiday maps, this might sound like a good thing at first glance.

That is until a L60 starts a run and finds a bunch of L10s joining him staying as far away as possible so that they don't die in one hit.

This may not sound like a big deal, but do remember how things are in Sewers also. A lot of runs in Sewers aren't locked. Think about how hard it is for a L55 to do a run if he's joined by a bunch of L51s. This will not work for non-player-started games due to the lack of boot capabilities.

It may not seem like it at first, but this change will promote leeching.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh.... one thing is, I didn't realize this change was for all maps of PL all year long. Both the op and the post over at SL mentioned holiday maps, so I thought it was just that.

So now I can see bit more of the concern and of the issues involved. I was wondering what the stir was all about, cuz this is basically what the low-level alt holiday farmers wanted -- a way to control drop level.

Even tho, like I was saying, this is going to make holiday drops almost worthless. EVERYONE is going to farm level 10 or 20, w/e they think is going to be valuable. Players begged for a way to control drop level. And now that it looks like they might get what they wished for, it's just gonna render holiday pinks almost worthless.

Be careful of what you wish for.

As far as a level 60 having to run the Halloween maps basically solo cuz low levels over in cornor leaching. There were many, many times, really just a huge percentage of mixed groups where the low-levels helped out. The times when there was actual leaching by low-levels is when they were mad at the high-levels for being there. It didn't happen that often. When it did, I didn't care, cuz, well, the map was set up for all levels.

And, like I said before, the boss wasn't that hard. There were numerous times I had to solo the 60 boss while on my 53 dex mage. It was ez. Yeah, took bit longer than if I was in a group of course, but it wasn't hard at all.

There are only a very few instances in this game when the above is going to be an issue. Cuz most everything is hostable/lockable.

Your example of high-levels and low-levels mixing it up in the sewers, well, so often, players get real good at doing the same thing over and over, with the same people, with the same gear. They get real good at that, in fact. But, it is important to be able to be flexible and to be capable of handling the unexpected and something other than what you've already done 2000 times, lol. But, this is a whole nuther thread, lol.

But for me, as far as holiday maps go, I am totally ok with w/e sts decides to do, cuz i am sure they are doing what is best for the game and I'm gonna have fun wether hostable/lockable or w/e they decide to do. I don't care one way or the other. But, hmm... yeah, for overall game this is a larger issue.

Edit: btw, I have no idea how this post is formatting on the pc, but on this device, the quote at top is all underlined. I have no idea how that happened. I did nothing on purpose for that to happen. I'm very sorry.
    Last edited by Aikiebo; 11-11-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher