Thread: Simple attempt at making a skill tree.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Simple attempt at making a skill tree.

Hello everyone! I recently stumbled upon a site that allows you to semi-create a skill tree. It's very WoW oriented, but it gets the job done. I managed to make a quick one, just to show what type of skill tree system I had in mind for PL, and something that I could see very much work here.

A few notes on the limitations of this site:

1. Since it's very WoW oriented, I couldn't change the skill tree name. Don't mind the skill tree name.

2. It's a very tier based skill tree, that is, you need 5 points in each tier before the next one opens up. Again, ignore this. Just hover your mouse over the skill icon to see what it does.

3. This is very simply done. It took me about 10 minutes to make, so don't go off about balance, impacts on the game, other classes, etc. This is just a very broad and general idea.

Personally, I would love skill trees that define a character. Since the skill point issues (too many skill points, too little skills, everyone growing to the same skill build) are surfacing faster, IMO, thought needs to be put into the skill system, the earlier the better.

I'll be talking more about what I had in mind on my blog (link in sig). This is just a brief intro into what I found, and what greatly interested me when thinking about it's possible implementation into PL.

Again, take what I made lightly and with an open mind. This was not meant to be enforced, but to merely get the ball rolling (if it hasn't).

http://www.war-tools.com/t73622.html

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post: