Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My thoughts about how difficult monsters are at the end game in PL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Exclamation My thoughts about how difficult monsters are at the end game in PL

Dear STS,

Why do you have to torture my poor bird. You make his self-esteem very low when he can't even kill a couple of mobs in Nuri at lv62 without being killed in 3 hits. You've modified the game to suite dev's preferences, to buy elixirs. We all know these levels past Fathom Crypt are impossible to solo without juice and that we can no longer "relax" in a dungeon, we must be constantly spamming pots. During my despicable battle with Aunt Emma in Mount Fang, I was HUMILIATED because I was dead the whole time. I read all the strategy guides and was in a good group, however this "advanced" game system of yours cannot register my 100 taps on the pot button, leading to my death every resurrection.

Another instance, STS has recently introduced the "elite" level, for hardcore wealthy players that mass loads of 4x pots with other juiced up players. Anyone without it?--->GOOD BYE NOOB! This peer pressure forces others to follow the hardcore player's steps. The reason we need these 4x pots are because:
    • Mobs have 5 time the amount of healh you have
    • They deal the same damage as you do
    • There are 20x the amount of mobs than your group
    • Killing 100,000 mobs (for elite level) is physically impossible, unless you want to be the next person who died from too much gaming
    • You decide to have fun by soloing 100 mobs with 5x your health in swarms of 4-8 (Impossible)
    • Armor doesn't increase that significantly over 10 level-.- Comparing Nuri and Fang gear to Sewers

Furthermore, people used to reach lv45 so quickly just by power leveling so STS introduced the "Advancement Curve". This increased the xp needed to reach the next level by a lot, so that players could not rush too quickly to the end of the game. Then came the new campaign level adjustment where you can only enter a campaign when your at a certain level, 2 below the requirement. (ex. Balefort Sewers recommended lv:50-55 which means you can go there at lv48). With these changes, leveling became annoying, since it was only 1-2 xp per kill and quests don't do jack. I mean really, 1xp for a quest which you put in a lot of effort?(Pots, deaths, time, etc.) And bosses now have "increased" xp gain per kill. Wow 4 more xp is so helpful.

This is the main reason I took a break, I couldn't handle this. Why can't you just be the old STS? Charge us for the campaigns, keep pvp maps in them(there hasn't been any new pvp maps in the past three releases; BS, NH, nor MF) and get rid of the increased xp. Don't you think killing 10k mobs is already enough to level from 60-61? NO! Thats way too much! I hope you understand, I am not trying to flame or troll STS, just pointing out my view.

Your best friend, Beanie

P.S I feel that having to unlock the new levels within the campaign is very obnoxious, especially with the statements above. I'm lv 62 and still stuck in Haunted Symphony, Nuri Hallows. Also "Top Level" (Leader boards->Largest Guilds) should be the max level(ex.lv65) excluding the elite level.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Beanmachine For This Useful Post: