Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default The Alterra Olympics

I have decided to start the planning of the Alterra games of the first annual Olympiads. This will allow some fun competition as not everyone likes to PVP, especially now with its issues. I am envisioning having a number of games, each with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, and then of course an over all Alterra Olympian with the highest medal count. If we could get this big enough and get enough competitors, I would hope the devs would consider an award for the top prize, but there are of course no guarentees. I will start with a simple game that is easy to judge.
    Game 1: Quick Farm
    This will be a competition with a PVP style bracket run on either Quick Love, Quick Pain, or both. It only requires one judge and no timers unlike the next set. The judge will host the game and two players will join, one to the right of the judge, one to the left. When the signal to go is given, they will run to their respective boss, kill them, and run back. The first one back will be the winner. The judge will then check to ensure the boss is actually killed and declare the match.

Now for the bulk of the competition. These will require two judges a game and will have to be done one competitor at a time. The competitor will have a goal based on the game, and when that goal is complete, they will exit the game. The judges will need to time how long it takes between when the competitor starts and when the competitor exits the game. The judges will then verify if needed that the goal has been completed. Unfortunately there is no timer in the game (hint hint devs) so it will need to be done separately. This is the reason for a minimum of two judges to compare times. These are the games I have come up with so far:
    1) Regicide: The competitor will be timed on how long it takes them to kill the King of Hearts in Balefort.
    2) Dead Aim: Time it takes to kill Dead Eye in the Fathom Crypt.
    3) The Butcher: Time it takes to kill Meathead in his deli.
    4) Soloing Nizara : Time it takes to run to and kill the boss on AO2:1
    5) Swamp Pulling: Time it takes to pull three bosses to the spawn spot in the Boss Brawl in Ancient Swamps. Do not need to kill them, just pull them. Once a boss hits the spawn spot, it is counted, and you can move to the next boss.
    6) Noob Leveling: Time it takes to solo clear AO2:3 of the zombies. The goal is to bring the enemies remaining down to 30, which is the standard jump out time for levelers.
    7) Pyramid Running, possibly naked [thanks MysticalDream]: Players run through the Plasma pyramids to make it to the endgame. When a player days, they stay where they are. The winner is either the first person to make it to boss room, or if all players die, then whoever made it closest.

-- Note about elixers. This will generally be a Steroid free Olympics, but suggestions of Elixer specific games would be great as they could be a ton of fun.

So, these are my ideas and the games I have come up with. So the questions to the community are:
    1) Would you be interested in joining.
    2) What obstacles do you see in making this work.
    3) What other games would you like to see included.
    4) What suggestions do you have that could improve this.
    Last edited by FluffNStuff; 08-05-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Great Feedback

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?