Thread: Weddings off..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Artemis,

Your best advice will probably come from the other gals who have had similar experiences, but as a guy who was engaged three times before getting married to my soulmate, I understand your pain. My first two engagements became disengagements. Thank goodness. I was not right for either of them and they were not right for me. Those two engagements prepared me for meeting my wife, Julia. I had two mediocre relationships in which I tolerated way to much BS. Now I am married to my perfect match. If I had married either one of the first two gals, I would have missed out on Julia. Yeah, I am pretty happy right now.

But each disengagement hurt me. Allot. At the time, I could not imagine another serious relationship. After the second disengagement, I did not even consider dating for three years. And its not like I had time on my side, I was in my late 30's. But I took the time that I needed to heal and to enjoy life as a single guy. I had allot of fun while I was healing. I finished up my engineering degree and pursued a couple hobbies. I hung out with my friends. And when I was ready, I started looking for my soulmate again.

Right now it is hard not to look at what you do not have. But you can look at what you DO have - your freedom. You are free to be yourself and to enjoy life as a single woman. Yes, you will love again. And hopefully the next guy will be worthy of wonderful you. Do not forget that you are priceless and you deserve to be treated well. Do not settle for anything less than that.

Yeah, being single can be very hard. But right now your are in a good position. You are free and you will be ready soon for your next relationship. In the meantime, enjoy your friends and family and celebrate life. Take the time you need to recover from this loss, and be thankful that you were spared a much more difficult breakup if you had married the guy. Life is hard, but life is good. You will make it through this.

Arq

2. The Following User Says Thank You to arqueroverde For This Useful Post: