Thread: Possibly my FINAL Regina Spektor art piece; my first full-scale painting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Default Possibly my FINAL Regina Spektor art piece; my first full-scale painting

By now, you guys should know that I'm very fond of Regina Spektor and her music. Hell, I even have a PL char. named ReginaSpektor I've spent A LOT of time after tallying up how many hours I spent per piece, but this one takes the cake. I spent a whopping two days on this one. It was such a long task that I even stopped in between for a break to paint Brooke aka LadyLove (yes, I take a break from art with more art haha). I finished this not even a half hour ago, and this totals to my Seventh Regina piece, so I feel that I need to end the series and explore other people to recreate (it's not you Regina, it's me!) This is my first full scale painting, as I put as much effort as my abilities could permit in terms of painting (I've always sucked at it, I started digitally a few days ago, Painting not Illustrating) on both the main object of attention, Regina, and the rest of the painting. Usually it's just the person I'm drawing, with a improvised background created in seconds.

Inspired by the music video for her song Eet, here it is!

For the best visual results, as with any painting, take a few steps back before observing the piece

Created using ArtRage on my iPad tablet with a fiber tip 3 inch stylus
    Last edited by RedRyder; 01-05-2012 at 12:09 AM.