Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Patch Coming This Week and Changes to Mount Fang Boss Gauntlet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aikiebo View Post
    4. This company, Zynga, didn't even exist three years ago.
    I believe they're a little over 4 years old. I was playing their poker app early 2008. Back then it was fun. I knew all the top 50 players. You were l33t if you had a million dollars then. Now it's all bloat. When facebook took away local networks (basically what city you were from), it hit Zynga's Hold'em app pretty hard. No longer could you easily play with people just from your area. I still stop by once in awhile, but long gone are the days when my old friends would be on every night. I pop into random tables and there's absolutely zero chatting going on. Totally foreign idea back in 2008.

But, I digress.

The reason why Zynga makes so much money (despite their stock still not getting above their IPO price) is because they know perfectly well how to take advantage of the OCD in everyone. Without facebook, Zynga would be nothing. The OCD in facebook is the vehicle for Zynga's success. There's really nothing creative about any of their apps as most of them are spoofs off of someone else's work. Aside from poker, the only other app of theirs that was somewhat social is YoVille, and that app they bought from someone.

Now, if STS found a way to integrate their games (and various quests) into facebook with their feeds / wall posts and whatnot, you can bet they can find the same gold mine that Zynga has claimed all to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drewcapu For This Useful Post: