So? Before it was "OMG update! I bet it's secure trade!" 5 minutes later "Aw my warrior can't wall jump anymore! " it's always been like that. Enjoy the little things. Now think about it, think about how much effort the devs out into the game, then think about how long all that effort takes, now lastly, think how quickly we get bored with the weeks and weeks of work they out into the game. The only thing that keeps us entertained for long is new expansions, and huge, huge, surprises (like auction house) they need to keep us entertained somehow. Also, you have to rermeber, different devs do different things. I am not so sure about how they work, but decker (the hat maker) could be only making hats right now while other devs work on ao3, I am not sure of that at all, but you don't know what goes on down at the space-time studios headquarters.

Also, a lot of us want to see hats to give us something to look cool in, different people have different tastes, so if they bring top hats (example) into the game, and some people hate the top hats, they are gonna get people asking more more, different hats. I like the hats, as well as many other people, in the mean time, most peoples haven't finished Fathom quests, or exlored the new open world, let alone, you can always fall back on farming, pvp, trading, and the good old fashioned talking with friends.