I was brainstorming earlier in the chatbox and thought of (what I feel) is a great addition to DL. Give us the ability to track down and find other players "lair". Find their lair would be an automatic success and we would "beat" the other player. Finding the lair would also give rewards. I think it would awesome to be able to steal 1 or more of that players pending cutscene mission rewards that they have not picked up yet. Or at least just get a portion of XP and gold. Below I will describe the process I envision.

How to hunt down a players lair.

1: To start a hunt for a players lair, we will need to first select that person (or type their name in a field).
2: We then select "Start the hunt!"
3: We are then brought to a map identical to the campaign maps.
4: These maps could have as little as 2-3 cutscene missions, or as many as a normal campaign (depending on player lair upgrades)
5: Attacking player continues the progression of the map as normal with cutscene missions.
6: Attacking player might have to fight through 0-3 3d missions of "guards" the defending player might have placed in the way. (with upgrades).
7. After all missions have been completed successfully (only solo btw), the lair has been found and the attacking player gains whatever rewards he is entitled to.
8. Rewards can be a set amount of XP/Gold depending on upgrades, or the attacker can just "Steal" some or all of the pending cutscene missions rewards the defending player has not picked up.

How to defend your lair from being found.

1: Aside from purchasing all the upgrades you can, there are other ways to "Actively" defend your lair from the hunt.
2: At anytime you are being hunted, you can view the progress of said players. See what mission timers they are waiting on.
3: If you catch it in time, you can do a Counter-Cutscene mission, which reverts their progress.
4. You might even have a "Master" mission, which has an 8 hour timer, but reverts ALL progress of all people attacking your lair, if they don't find you before it's up.
5. etc

Lairs

All players have the option to build/upgrade their lair. Each upgrade would cost a good chunk of resources and be slightly difficult to do. There are also two main upgrade paths. Assault or Defense.

---------

Defense path:

1: First upgrade - 6 energy cutscene defense mission with 10 minute timer.
2: Second upgrade - 6 energy cutscene defense mission with 2 hour timer.
3: Third upgrade - 3 energy 3d mission with easy guards.
4: Fourth upgrade - 2 of your pending mission rewards are safe from being stolen.
4: etc
5: etc

Also, at some point in the defense path, players can upgrade passive defenses. Aka: Upgrading to medium or tough guards in their 3d missions, or increasing the timers on all missions blocking their lair.

---------

Assault path:

1: First upgrade - can hunt for players lairs
2: Second upgrade - can breach tier 3 defenses (someone without this upgrade has no chance at finding someone's lair with too much defensive upgrades)
3: Third upgrade - Gains a chance to steal pending mission rewards from defending player.
4: Fourth upgrade - Can hunt for 2 players lairs at once.
5: Fifth Upgrade - Gains a higher chance to steal pending mission rewards from defending player.

---------

I think that this would be another great way for people at level cap to use energy. It would promote activity even after content is done. And it would promote content for those who do not enjoy traditional PvP. It also adds a fun element to hording cutscene missions. There's a risk of losing them.

Also, this adds a new stat to track/leaderboard statistic. How many times you've found a players lair, and how many times you have lost your lair.