Thread: It finally happened...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Default It finally happened...

After an amazing show, I waited in the lobby for about a half an hour before the theatre staff started kicking us out. I walked around the whole outside of the theatre twice before standing out front for about another 30 minutes. There were others waiting, but in time they all started going home. As I'm walking down the block, I noticed a bunch of people, well only about 20-30, waiting on the street corner, gathered around a door. When I finally got to view into the window of the door, I saw a gathering of about 50 people inside. In the midst of all the assumed press, friends and family, I saw why everyone was gathered there.

There she was in the crowd, greeting everyone inside. I freaked out. After giving up and about to head home, I gained a new hope that it would finally happen. In the next 2 painfully slow hours, the people inside started leaving. She finally catches a glimpse at us and waves, making eye contact with me even. We all wait another 30-40 mins, until she finally comes out to greet the dedicated 20 of us left. My blood started pumping and my heart started beating fast as ever. I finally get my chance and show her the best 4 art pieces that I've done of her, to hear the best criticism anyone has ever given my art. "WOW you're a real talent! You made me look really sharp!" my iPhone was only at about 6% battery life but I didn't care. One of her security guards took the picture for me:

The woman that's been my inspiration for months. Regina Spektor.

After the photo, I asked her to sign my iPad. "are you sure? That's pretty permanent haha". I told her, "Oh no I don't care, that's PERFECT" and we shared a laugh.

She gave me the warmest hug I've ever felt. This night/morning will go down as the best of my entire life. I can honestly say that I can die happy now. I will FOREVER be a fan! Someone that'll never sell out and let fame get the best of them. I'm proud to be a fan

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post: