Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Nuri's theme - circus. NEXT

Shadow caves came as a part of ao3, therefore is included with ao3, adding to its awesomeness. NEXT

Are you kidding me? Your only argument was the snake charmer, meanwhile he's an ao3 boss with a different strategy. Ao3 had story progression before quests were even included in game. It went from outside the pyramid, into it, and making your way through every boss until you reach the super hard overlord. Not hard you say? You must be newer and didn't experience it before the boss nerf. Yes, they were that hard that they required a nerf, even harder than nuri's bosses. The keeper used to take us over 20 minutes to defeat. Don't even get me started on the OL.

Ao3 was the first campaign to get players to use their brains instead of just hacking and slashing, mashing potions until the boss is dead. We had to figure out strategies and skill to bring the bosses down. What did they do when we ran out of incentive? Cyber quests,giving us a second set in a single campaign. After that? They gave us the SHADOW CAVES.

The SC itself was a rare spawn, which of course, was removed too and made into a seperate campaign. If you were lucky enough to spawn the gate to the caves, you were faced with super hard bosses and mobs. no one knew this until months later, but the SC also housed the then rarest item in the game, vyxnaars helmet of hate. This camp gave us a whole new set of items, bringing the total to three sets in a single campaign.

Ao3 also included two free pvp maps. There's NO other campaign as packed as AO3. 2 pvp maps, a campaign within a campaign (inception!), and three sets of items. Nuri's? Sure it's colorful, if you're into that. Sure it's hard, but ao3 was harder at first. Boss strategies? The only ones that compared were the snake charmers and nuri's strats, not even trumping ao3. Item sets? Only 2; older models with different color palletes.

NEXT
    Like they say you know, "Yesterday is History". Agreed, AO3 was the toughest back when lvl 50 was the cap but it's not the same thing now. Things have changed a lot, get used to it. You want hard boss? Run in Nuri's Madness with a bunch of lvl 60, and let me know how many times you die before reaching the Nuri and also don't forget to include the death's at Nuri's chamber. Since you brought up about "rare items", well lemme ask you something.. Where lvl 56 glyph drops?

I appreciate your opinion but this thread was supposed to be about Nuri's Hallows stop bringing AO3 in here.
    Last edited by Back; 05-31-2012 at 02:03 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Back For This Useful Post: