Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The 7day Exp Elixer renewed?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Not sure how or why STS would do something like this, but I'd like to assume it was a mistake that has since been played off as a purposeful move. We are all aware that the devs at Spacetime don't do deadlines; and with good reason, I cannot recall the last time a new content patch went out on a Friday that was bug free.

As I understand it; yes I was omitted from the special group of kids to be rewarded with 80p per toon, these select accounts got a free 7 day elixir and we have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as of now. Just taking a quick glance at the graciousness of this move is quite staggering, I know of one player who was blessed with double xp on 19 of his toons (this is the most extreme case I've heard to date). Now for those who have multiple toons you know that not all will enjoy the benefits, some are xp locked while others are capped but no matter because they all get it. So that's 19*80p=1,520p or over one thousand and five hundred free plat for this random individual. Compare that to some of the STS contests:

Having 19 toons is the equivalent of winning all the PL contest combined, basically having 2 toons earns an awardee the privileged of getting more free plat than most STS events without even having to compete, and anyone who has 7 or more wins the grand prize of more than any PL plat giveaway in history (SL had the Player Video Guide Event). So when players are saying it's a unfair, there is basis for that statement. I get that STS is allowing certain users to test out new products before they hit the market, but the 7 day elixir had already been in available for a full week before this patch went live on Pocket Legends 2.0.0 Update (95487). That seems like a long enough testing period to me, players who purchased it had time enough for them to expire.

If the idea was to test it's "effectiveness for user engagement," why not give it to everyone, make it toon specific for those who are at L70 or even give it to players who have failed to log in for a few days but were once very active players? If it was a calculated move, I'd at least like to know why these and not those. I have yet to find any common thread between players who were granted the elix and those who weren't, but to be honest I've spent less time in PL than ever.

Disclaimer:
    Please don't hit me with the obligatory U Jelly meme or make accusations, fact is I'm not even sure if I had got one if it would have increased my play time anyway. I play about 5+ min daily, for the Vincent special and to finish off the run that my elixir timed out in. That's pretty much it, maybe some random chat time with an old friend but otherwise, in and out in 10 min flat.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 08-05-2012 at 11:40 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post: