Thread: Item Lending Suggestion: The New Way To Lend Your Items Out Scam Free

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Item Lending Suggestion: The New Way To Lend Your Items Out Scam Free

--------------------------------------Item Lending--------------------------------------
    I believe STS should implement an item lending system.

This will reduce scamming by tenfold and allow the less fortunate players to have a chance to use some of the most sough out gear/items.

This system has been already implemented in other MMORPGs, and their community have responded very positively to the changes made.

--------------------------------------Example--------------------------------------

Player A is lending out a LVL 15 PINK Snowball Launcher. Player A is able to lend out the item for 1-24 hours in increments of 1h.

Player B, C, D comes along and wants to borrow the item.

Player B asks Player A to lend out the SBL for free for "5" hours.

Player C offers 50k gold for a "10" hour lend.

Player D offers 75k gold for a "24" hour lend.

Player A decides to lend the item out to Player D for 24 hours and 75k gold.

Player D is able to play with the item for those hours and have the best time in his life. (yes pink sbl's are beyond awesome)

The end result is: Player A was able to securely lend out his item to Player D and earn an additional 75k for the lend.

Finally Player A receives the item back after 24 hours have passed.

--------------------------------------FAQ's--------------------------------------
    Q: Why should STS implement this?
    A: Alot of players want to but can't get their hands on a few items in this game. This system will allow them to and will give lenders insurance...and some extra gold ^^
    I personally believe this is the BEST solution to the increase in the amount of item scamming occurring in this game...unless STS will crack down on these scammers and ban hammer them.

Q: How do I lend my item out?
    A: Item lending is quick, easy and simple. You would initiate a trade with another player and have the option to "lend" the item when you select it. You would then type in the number of hours you wish to lend it out for. This will be made VERY clear to the other player in the case that they mistaken an item trade for an item lending trade. Furthermore, the player borrowing the item will have the option to put up gold/items (like a regular trade) to give to the lender.

Q: What if they sell my item?
    A: Borrowed items cannot be liquidated or sold through CS.

Q: Will my item that I lent out be returned to me?
    A: The system will auto return the item back to the original owner after those "x" hours run up.

Q: Can I lend out more than one item at a time?
    A: I'm not sure if STS can implement it but chances are if this system gets introduced in the game, you will only be able to lend out 1 item at a time.

Q: Does this include vanities?and plat related goods?
    A: Of course it does! Also includes non tradeable vanities like Founders Helmet or plat purchased vanities (but STS might not be too keen on players lending out Plat Vanities)

--------------------------------------Player Suggestions--------------------------------------

A Item Lending Shop where players can borrow/lend items - SuperGotenks

More "lending spots" for platinum - Bilaxman
    Last edited by gundamsone; 08-06-2012 at 08:13 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post: