I haven't seen a thread addressing the crafting mechanics in Humania, so here goes. Techno Email mentioned that the way crafting works in Humania is an experiment with variations on previous themes. IMO, the crafting mechanics in Humania represent a great overall design. Here are the facets of crafting and why I think it's a really good model for future crafting designs.

1. Crafting components are much simplified. Especially compared to Mt. Fang, Humania's design is much easier to understand. In Fang and other places, we had to get components to make other components that then went into the final crafted product. In Humania, there's just direct crafting in a single, straightforward way. This makes it much easier to keep track of what to get and how far along you are.

2. Recipes are much more available. In pretty much every other crafting area since Sewers, the recipes were extremely hard to come by. This meant you pretty much had to either buy already crafted items or spend plat to skip the recipe. Humania is the first area where it's reasonable that anyone who wants to can farm or buy everything they need to craft without spending plat.

3. Daily quests are well balanced. All of the components for crafting are available for a reasonable amount of effort or gold. Although it's still really hard to farm the weapons themselves, all the other pieces are available through daily quests. The diamonds are time-consuming to get, but it is reasonable for someone to use the quest to get enough diamonds to craft an entire set if they are willing to put in the time. This was also true of Fang, though not of Nuri's. And I think it deserves a mention that originally diamonds could only be farmed, but STS decided to add a quest path based on feedback, and that turned out to be a great move to keep players motivated and keep the price of crafting down. Had they not done so, only very rich or very hard-core farmers could have ever gotten crafted gear.

4. Gear is on par with area. I'm not sure if everyone feels this way, but I think the crafted gear is a good match for the Humania areas. It's good enough to keep players effective, but not overpowered such that they can completely steamroll over the maps. I only have the str gear tank set, but that seems good to me, and I see other classes doing a good job with their sets.

In summary, this crafting design is a very good one. I hope STS uses this as a model for how future areas' crafting is set up.