Thread: the future of pvp?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default the future of pvp?

I've tried PL pvp and I hate it. To me it's all about who hits the buttons fastest, who has the least lag and who has the best equips and most "battles" are over in less than a second. In DL pvp (I'm talking about ctf) a big part of the game is about paying attention to where everyone is at. Builds and gems are still a part of it but skill and cleverness can still go along way.

Thren got me looking at what's coming with the next cap raise and I wonder if DL pvp is heading towards PL pvp's 1 second type battles.

Dark binding (charged) has 118 dps for 7 seconds (826 total damage), then vermin swarm (uncharged) has 117 dps for 5 sec (585 total damage), fatal burst has 108 and leap 215. This is 1734 total damage. I currently have 1300 health. I realize that our health will increase but so will our damage (I currently have 4 in passive damage, you would think level 31 will have at least 5 avail, maybe even 6, plus firebrands, etc at level 31 will have more damage).

Also, dark binding, vermin swarm, fatal burst and leap all have stun or root possibilites.

Are we seeing the last of the really fun times in DL pvp right now? I'm worried that at the next cap it'll turn into PL style with whoever hits the buttons fastest will win the 1 second fight, except in DL it will be 7 seconds while you are rooted or stunned while watching db and vs drain your health while you can't do anything about it.

I care very little about vanities and running 3d missions in Dl. The only reason I play is for Pvp. I've already watched PL get ruined and don't want to see the same happen with DL.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post: