Thread: My Time Has Come

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Default My Time Has Come

Hi guys, I think it's about time I made my exit. I'm starting to get unbelievably busy IRL, and I'd like to keep on track with my schooling this year. Last year I didn't do so hot, and I don't want to repeat the same errors. So, unfortunately, I have to say good-bye to some of my favorite things in life, PL being one of them.

I guess I'll start a little story of my journey, since not many people know how I got started.

The very first time I tapped that shield icon, I knew that PL was the right game for me. It's everything I like. Fantasy, leveling, items, collecting stuff, bragging, friends, etc. etc. So, I leveled my way up to 14, which at the time was as far as I could go since I couldn't buy the next campaign. I snooped around the towns, collected items, made jokes, friends, etc. I remember playing a PVP match and getting completely owned, so I didn't do it again.

Then, one of my best friends started leveling super high, and naturally I got jealous. So, I used my mom's credit card to buy a plat pack, and purchased all the campaigns my heart desired to get. But, little did I know that these campaigns were very hard, and of course I didn't have the right gear, so I got discouraged, and stopped.

Soon after, I learned about this magical thing called an elixir. I guessed that's how my friend had been leveling so fast. So, I bought yet another plat pack, juiced myself up, and shot through the levels. Before I knew it, I was 50. The highest level possible. Did I stop there? No. I had to have the best gear. So, not knowing what I was doing, I bought plat packs until I had enough gold to buy a shadows set. Then I felt elite.

After capping, I got bored, and joined the forums. At the time, I was a noob, and a jerk, so I posted stupid stuff that I still look back on today. I later learned that this was serious business, and I wanted to be a part of it. So I told myself, do I want to make myself look like an idiot? No.So, I decided to start capitalizing my sentences, using periods, commas, correct grammar, spelling, and most importantly, rereading my posts. My posts started becoming more successful, and I started getting the feedback I was looking for.

This was probably the biggest moment in my life. Not only did this effect my online life, but my real life as well. And I started thinking more logically. I gained confidence in myself, and came back to the forums more often.

Campaigns passed, sewers, my favorite, was a great time in my PL career. I met my best friend, XxZombikilrxX, and we played the heck out of the game. We capped, capped again, and capped again, until we couldn't get enough sewers. (Cap as in 55, not 56). SL came out, Zom left, and I started losing interest. It wasn't until one night on vacation, when I started playing again. I got a heck of a deal on Enchanted armor and cowl, and couldn't wait to get the staff. However, not matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find a deal. That staff was seriously expensive at the time. One of my friends, Generalriggs I believe, finally got tired of hearing me complain and bought me one. That was the day of my life. I had green sparkles. O. M. G. I gained interest again, and started PVP'ing. I sucked, so I stopped. I met Enikazie and xWhirlz who recognized me from the forums, and took me under their wing. I started becoming more recognized, and before I knew it I couldn't stop getting PM's. I met Weagle. <3 And a whole lot of other people.

Nuri's came out. I sucked at it, I quit.

MF came out. I sucked at it, I quit.

Guilds came out.

O
    M
    G
    (Yes that order is messed up)

I joined Legion, left, joined ARG <3, left, co-founded Influence </3, left, founded The Edge thanks to Apasara, unsucessful, left, joined ARG again, got kicked out.

Anyway, I've been through a lot of guilds. And through this process, I met Saool, Econodeath, Darkblades, and Siejo. They helped me level, bought me a Lilith set, and I took it for granted, which I do with most things. I joined my first tournament with Saool, who was my PVP idol at the time. I thought we would be unstoppable, then I met Ghost and Kanital. Yeah...

I didn't give up though, and I started gaining a lot of experience, and making a lot of people mad. And that felt good. I PVP'd so much that some of my best friends left me. (Apasara, Zom, countless others). But, I didn't care...I just couldn't stop. It was too addicting. I then became confident that I should join a PVP based guild. That never happened, obviously. (Who's a PVP'er without vanities).

I became mad, mainly at the fact that people with vanities had such an advantage over the others. I took that anger out on my family, and I became miserable. I stayed up late at night PVP'ing, I was tired at school, I couldn't focus, yawned constantly in class, even in the afternoon when I was far past awake. And it started to show. I was just plain miserable. I had nobody to turn to either.

School ended, I started to become closer to my family, my sister in particular which I am still very close to today, and I stopped playing PL for the longest time. Everything was "elite this" "elite that", and a player like me doesn't fit in that environment. Humania came out, even more elite crud that I couldn't afford. Elite dungeons, helmets, items, weapons, etc.

I started focusing on the forums again. AoA started up again, and I was accepted, which was the PM of my life. I created Trainingwings.

And it ends there. On a happy note, for me at least. I'm done with my main. I can't handle 7k+ per level off daily pots alone. I'm sorry, but tiki demons are not that fun to kill.

Most importantly, I want to say thank you to the countless people making this journey possible. In no particular order:

Zom, Notso, Eni, General, Attackelf (during those tough shadow runs ), Parth (I enjoyed our Cali talks ), Apasara (No, I haven't forgotten you), Blindrogue, Arenagod, Rebel, Ladylove, Weagle <3, Cowboyjim, Kingatdeath, Ghost, Kanital, the mage who taught me my combo (it was breif, I don't remember your name ), Iswoosh, Strklownin, Icelinger, WTB (which I still think stands for Want To Be ) If I think back any further my brain will pop...

If I didn't mention you, I haven't forgotten

Now I need to focus. On my family, school, and my art. I've always been a decent artist, and I plan to pursue my dream. In fact I'm starting an art piece right after this post. My dog is licking my ankles and it really tickles. Random...

Cheers

Moth out.

P.S. I will still lurk around forums, and visit my AoA, if they let me keep it.
    Last edited by Mothwing; 09-06-2012 at 10:06 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post: