Thread: Is 4.x really better?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Thanks guys, but yea I'm not rooting. I stand to lose too much. I want full game compatibility. Gamevil and a couple other big name Devs are locking out root.

I just wanna know what happens when I've had Flash then update to 4.1.x, please? Can I just side load new Flash versions when I update to 4.1.x or will it have zero effect?

So the S3 4.1 stock browser no longer supports it too? What about if I use an apk backup to back up the browser from 4.0.4 and then install it as an outside source app after update? Would it work then?

Do you guys recommend using Battery Saver on STS games or SGS3 can handle the graphics battery drain? How well does it handle normal graphics? I'm really worried about battery life.

Trying to find out if it's safe to go on with the update or not. You guys have experience.
    I don't recommend using battery saver apps as it drains your bat more than it saves due to constant battery monitoring.
    Battery drain is ok on Stock SGS III rom but of course, alot better on custom roms that have, i've managed to clock 7hrs+++++ straight on my rooted SGS III with force underclock@600++MHZ and running on one core(instead of 2/4-forced) playing Pl and Sl. Battery drain is alot worse on DL with me managing 6hrs max.

Do not attempt to install flash on Jb as it WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY/MAY NOT WORK AT ALL/"APPLICATION NOT INSTALLED ERROR"- depends on phone model.
    Only modified versions made for modified SGS III works properly as some code is rewritten specifically for Jb and additional tweaks made to the app is recompiled into the flash apk.

Regarding Gamevil and Com2us, they mostly only prevent you from playing their games when "Memory hack applications" are detected running in the background.
    Memory hack applications are illegal(Not going to mention any-or infraction :/ ), as people who hate iaps often use it to modify encrypted MD5 SUM Code usually used to protect Game Data/saves that are used to determine your "in-game virtual cash. e.g. glu credits).

Just avoid using those kind of apps and you will be able to play gamevil's games.
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 10-01-2012 at 04:47 AM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!