The Shivering items just don't compare to the Brain Freeze, and Iceberg items, and here's why. BF has 7 Int, Iceberg 7 Str, and Shivering 7 Dex, so that's fine. The problem lies in the secondary stat bonuses. All these items have 6 "bonus points". The Brain Freeze items and Iceberg items use all 6 of those points on regen (6 M/s, and 6 H/s respectively). The Shivering items use all 6 points on Crit. 1 point of regen takes at least 50 attribute points to gain, while 1 point of crit takes a bird less than 7 attribute points to gain. The core problem here is really that regen gain from attributes is too slow, but I have posted about that before, and am not going to get into it here. Anyway, the regen on the other items makes them much more desirable than the shivering items. In fact the Snipers items with 3% Crit and 2 H/s seem more desirable to me (only considering stat bonuses). I have 3 suggestions of ways to redistribute the 6 points, to improve the Shivering pinks:

1) 3% Crit, 3 H/s
2) 3% Crit, 2 H/s, 1 M/s
3) 3 H/s, 3 M/s

I think any one of these would be better than the current 6% Crit, but I'm interested to know what others think.