Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default MMORPG Truth

Threre is an old saying in MMOs. If the tank dies, it's the healers fault. If healer dies, it's the tanks fault. If the DPS dies, it's their own damn fault.

And tanking, especially elites requires a skilled tank with an understanding of skills and taunts.

I personally never lose aggro to anything other than other tanks. Build is CS with interrupt, vengeance with all except duration, renew with all except range, and juggernaut with all except movement freedom.

Chest Splitter is amazing. It interrupts wind up (red cone) attacks, even on bosses. It also is a TAUNT. Notice the ! over the enemy's head when used. Does wonders when trying to get hate back.

Vengeance acts like a heal when you charge it, and makes you never use mana pots. It also helps you generate threat with short term damage boosts.

Renew is critical to use intelligently. If a boss turns around to face anyone in the party, release a charged one and for 2 seconds your party is immune to damage. Get in the habit of skill canceling as a tank, remember it isn't your job to do damage. This means when not doing anything else, keep it charged and ready to go. If you need to do something else, slide finger off the skill without taking it off the screen. Follow it up with a chest splitter and your rogue won't even notice he pulled aggro.

I use Juggernaut in two situations. If I STILL don't have aggro, I let off a charged one and another CS. The other situation is as an emergency button (such as a dodged CS on elite bael during a wind up) or when pulling half of watchers 3 in one pull. I try not to need the taunt, since the panic button is so useful.

Hope this helps some solo warriors learn to be good team players!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggin For This Useful Post: