Ok so I have seen a lot of people asking dmg or dps which should I choose. So I am here to help you guys figure out what you would want to use dps/dmg and why you would want to use it. Ok to start off I will explain the basics dmg is mainly for skill dmg. Like how much a skill/skills dmg will do. For example say Skyward Smash... if you had more dmg it would do lots more dmg than if you had more dps. For dps you will have low skill dmg but a very high auto dmg. For example if I am a rogue and I have all dex I will have tons of dps rather than dmg(which is normal for a rogue). Now if I had a str/dex build I would have lower dps and a higher dmg. Now I will explain which is better for each class(this is my opinion).

Warrior
I would have to say more dmg is better than more dps because you will not use auto that much I have noticed as a warrior, you will be using all your skills and tanking(hopefully). I have never seen a warrior have a higher dps that is higher than a rogue's dps, if it is either your doing something wrong or they just suck lol.

Rogue
For a rogue you will want mainly dps, if you are a all dex rogue you usually will need a good str pet and the best gear to keep you from not being so squishy. If you are half str half dex than you will have enough health but not as much dps as other rogues that are all dex. If you go all str than you might as well turn into a warrior, no point in being a rogue if your going to use it as a warrior.

Sorcerer
I think(think , key word) that a sorcerer should have half dps and half dmg. I think this because mages need to do a lot of skill dmg but also need a good dps to solo stuff like that. I don't know much about a sorcerer but I do know if you are an aoe(area of affect) sorcerer I think you would need more dmg than dps, because you probably will not use auto that much.

I hope this helped a little and Btw this is not a guide just to help some people. If I missed anything or if you think I am wrong plz don't rage on me or flame as I will notify one of the devs and have it closed. Thanks for reading. Bye