Thread: Shock lance proc misconception?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Question Shock lance proc misconception?

Quote Originally Posted by The old thread
    Yes, i hear everyone saying that it's got lightning proc, and so mages do not find it as useful bla bla... that they should use spears for the armor debuff yea yea...

unfortunately that seems wrong to me. when i hit a enemy with a shock lance, the little animation of white spikes at feet that goes with spear proc also appear with my conq shock lance. i hit a guy with plain old lightning, and i saw no such animation.
    also, doesn't a lance count as the same kind of wep as a spear?

so I think it gives both procs, or maybe just spear proc idk. someone tell me something about this.

edit no lightning apparently. wow to me.

editedit: FAIL

editeditedit: Fail? we shall see. pending test results...
    Now, Royce did testing, and we can thank him for these results. bravo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    The results were perplexing to say the least. The shock lance and blaster show the same animation on strike, but the blaster does not seem to have any debuff, so it seems we cannot rely on animation to determine proc any longer. Anyway, we tested lance, blaster, plasma sword, spear, and darkblade along with a couple of mage debuffs, and here are the results:

Spear - Dropped armor by 15 incrementally and can stack, so drops by 15, then 30, and I'm fairly sure 45 is possible though we didn't see it this time. Basically it acts like archer Break Armor (at what rank does that reduce by 15? 1 SP maybe?)

Lance - Dropped armor by 15. However does not stack, so is not really break armor. A new proc? Who knows...

Plasma Sword - Despite showing the lightning bolt animation, this weapon, to everyone's surprise actually appears to have no proc at all. Armor did not drop, and no other stats appeared to change.

Blaster - Despite having the same animation on strike as the lances, no effect was noticed. Seems to have no proc (I could swear it used to slow your target, but it also used to have a different animation).

Darkblade - Same effect as nightmare, but only rank 1 nightmare. Dropped armor 10 points.

Nightmare skill dropped armor as expected, 50 points at 5 SP, and did stack with the darkblade nightmare proc (combining for -60 armor). Lighting at 5 SP only dropped armor by 3 points, but also seemed to reduce damage by 4.
    soon to come hopefully will be final results on mage weapon procs... we eagerly await!
    Last edited by Arterra; 10-03-2010 at 05:55 PM.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...