Rares, epics, and legendaries have various enchantments, like "of Brutality" which gives strength and extra damage, or "of Will" which gives intelligence and armor. Sometimes you find the armor or weapon you were really wanting, but then it comes with a less than desirable enchantment.

My idea? New items that can replace an item's current enchantment with a different one!

Here's how it would work:

You have a Mighty Vorpal Sword of Tactics. The "of Tactics" gives it INT and Crit. But what you really want is "of Assault" which gives DEX and Damage. So you equip the sword, find a Weapon Enchantment Kit of Brutality in your inventory, tap on it, and hit "Use". A box pops up asking "Are you sure you wish to apply this Enchantment to your currently equipped weapon?" There will be yes and cancel buttons, of course. You hit yes, and voila! Your Mighty Vorpal Sword of Tactics has now become a Mighty Vorpal Sword of Brutality! The Enchantment Kit is consumed in the process.

The amount of stats applied will be determined by the item's level, naturally. This is not a way to upgrade an item to be more powerful than anything that drops. It's merely a way to let players customize their items to better suit their builds more conveniently.

Some key features of this idea:
  • The Enchantment Kits could either be high level elite drops, plat purchases, or both.

• In the player's inventory, they will be found in the same section as where chests and eggs are kept.

• The Enchantment Kits come in five varieties: Weapon, Helm, Armor, Ring, and Necklace.

• When used, the enchantment is applied to the player's currently equipped item of the matching type.

• They only change the "of Whatever" to a different "of Whatever" based on that item's level.

• They are consumed when used.

I think not only would this make players happy due to being able to customize their gear better, but it would be a consumable in high demand, so it would be a great gold sink to add to the player economy. It's not overpowered, since it's not adding higher level enchantments to items, but merely different ones of the same level value. And it doesn't seem like it would take too much work to implement, since it shares a inventory space with chests/eggs, applies the enchantment to the currently equipped item of the kit's type (so you don't need to develop some kind of manual selection system for the players), and does nothing more than replace the content of one field of a database item with another (I'm simply assuming/guessing here that there's a predefined table of data that the game pulls from to fill these fields).

So overall, if my assumptions on implementation are somewhere in the ballpark of being remotely correct, I think this would be a pretty cool addition to the game!