Thread: Sorcerer dps calculator

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Sorcerer dps calculator

I love playing my Sorcerer and i wanted to know what would maximize my dps, so i built this DPS estimator to show dps when prioritizing your skills in different ways.
    Assumptions in the calculator:

• Crit Dam % I have tested and it seems to just be around 125% for skills/weapons.
    • Curse is not supported in the calculator because i don't know how long the de-buff lasts, sorry
    • Global Cool down seems to be 0.5 seconds for all Sorcerer spells. After testing it appears there may be a couple spells that allow you to AA during the GCD. Since i tested with all 3 classes it seems that you should not be allowed to AA during GCD. so that is how the calculator works.
    • it does appear that you can AA then cast a spell with no delay. so I allowed a skill to be cast 1/10 of a sec after AA. I understand that you may not be perfect on
    • I did a 300 second calculator because the data tends to level off over a longer period. I know most fights don't go that long, but this is meant to show your average dps and to try to help you become more efficient. if you took a 60 second window you may see much larger swings in the data.

What i wanted to use it for was to see whether

• should I use crit items or +dam items
    • should i charge a skill like Time shift for Countdown of Pain or not
    • etc.

So you can download the calculator and then adjust the data in the Orange cells as desired. You can adjust the priority of spells, but i can tell you that you cut your DPS in half almost by not making your weapon the 1st priority. Then it is fun to see a breakdown of what skills/weapon contribute to your overall DPS. The file also adds in the +damage from Pets if you select that pet. If you don't have a +Damage% pet then just select "Other" because all the stats will be rolled into the Damage/Crit% numbers that you type in

The file is an Excel file in 2007-2011 (mac) format.
    google doc - calculator

Name:  DPS Calc view.jpg
Views: 2525
Size:  126.4 KB
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 01-10-2013 at 09:21 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post: