Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Free cash ;)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I myself have discovered a perfect counter for beggars.

If a beggar comes to beg to u, beg back.

Once I got 5k from a beggar.
    Wow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gragorak:999126
    Quote Originally Posted by Twink View Post
    Lmao xD

I always rip those scammers off. I say, that I want to test if that's really working. Then I give him 1k and he gives me 2k (in hoping that I will give him like 100k later) - which I don't, of course. Yay, 1k for free!
    So u scam scammers?
    That's not scamming scammers at all, they said they would double your cash, you let them double it. What's the scam?
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    That's not scamming scammers at all, they said they would double your cash, you let them double it. What's the scam?
    You're tricking them into giving you money. It's justified because they were going to scam you in the first place, but my definition of scamming is the act of tricking someone or a group of people into giving you something, usually for nothing in return. Perhaps Im not spot on with that, but it's close enough. Tricking a scammer into giving you something is still scamming, like it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich:1000800
    You're tricking them into giving you money. It's justified because they were going to scam you in the first place, but my definition of scamming is the act of tricking someone or a group of people into giving you something, usually for nothing in return. Perhaps Im not spot on with that, but it's close enough. Tricking a scammer into giving you something is still scamming, like it or not.
    I suppose it's all about how you word it. If I said "Let me try a small amount" and he doubled it, I didn't trick anyone. I tried a small amount and he kept to his word. The idea of me trying a bigger amount after that was purely one that he made up himself. Therefore, nobody got scammed.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I myself have discovered a perfect counter for beggars.

If a beggar comes to beg to u, beg back.

Once I got 5k from a beggar.
    I just ask word to word, exactly what they say. You'd be surprised how generous beggars are with other people's money.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

I suppose it's all about how you word it. If I said "Let me try a small amount" and he doubled it, I didn't trick anyone. I tried a small amount and he kept to his word. The idea of me trying a bigger amount after that was purely one that he made up himself. Therefore, nobody got scammed.
    That same concept could be applied to many scams. I just implied id return their money, so it wasnt really a scam. If you're intentionally wording it so as to convince them to give you something with them believing theyll get something out of it, it's no good. I doubt a scammer is going to think you're going to give more money to them unless you specifically tell them you will should they do what you ask.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich:1000849
    That same concept could be applied to many scams. I just implied id return their money, so it wasnt really a scam. If you're intentionally wording it so as to convince them to give you something with them believing theyll get something out of it, it's no good. I doubt a scammer is going to think you're going to give more money to them unless you specifically tell them you will should they do what you ask.
    Saying "I'll double your gold" isn't implying that you'll give them gold, you just told them that you will. It's a totally different concept.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Saying "I'll double your gold" isn't implying that you'll give them gold, you just told them that you will. It's a totally different concept.
    This is true, which is why i said it can be used for many scams. Not this one of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich:1000894
    This is true, which is why i said it can be used for many scams. Not this one of course.
    If it's only implied, then in my opinion, it's your own stupid fault. If it was only implied, in theory the "scammer" stuck to their word. (I was referring to anyone in general when I said your)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

If it's only implied, then in my opinion, it's your own stupid fault. If it was only implied, in theory the "scammer" stuck to their word. (I was referring to anyone in general when I said your)
    Then that's just a difference in opinions. Personally I think any kind of trickery for self gain and someone elses loss is against the ToS. You could argue that if you dont directly say you will do something to the person being tricked that it's not a scam, but I dont think so.

Example: im in balefort spamming "doubling!" and one of my friends trades me and I double their gold. They then say in chat "omg he doubled my 1m!" Some random proceeds to give me money and I log out. Technically all I said is "doubling", so it wouldnt be a scam, right? I did double someone, any other trade is just a gold donation and completely within the ToS to keep.

It's trickery and against the ToS, but with your ideology, it's fine.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The idea of doubling gold is plain and simple a scam. If they truly could double gold, then why not just double their own gold until they have max gold. Then they could run around just giving it away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbuehi View Post
    The idea of doubling gold is plain and simple a scam. If they truly could double gold, then why not just double their own gold until they have max gold. Then they could run around just giving it away.
    We know that doubling gold doesn't work...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich:1000916
    Then that's just a difference in opinions. Personally I think any kind of trickery for self gain and someone elses loss is against the ToS. You could argue that if you dont directly say you will do something to the person being tricked that it's not a scam, but I dont think so.

Example: im in balefort spamming "doubling!" and one of my friends trades me and I double their gold. They then say in chat "omg he doubled my 1m!" Some random proceeds to give me money and I log out. Technically all I said is "doubling", so it wouldnt be a scam, right? I did double someone, any other trade is just a gold donation and completely within the ToS to keep.

It's trickery and against the ToS, but with your ideology, it's fine.
    If they just drop the gold on you, like in your example, then they're stupid. If in your example, they said "can you double this", and you said that you would, then it's a scam.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinfan View Post
    Then don't beg, simply ask for ideas, or suggestions on making gold. Check out these guides.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...o-Making-Money!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...de-to-Merching!!!
    Please don't beg on the forums. Thread closed
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com