Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Just made Elite Southern Seas 2:40

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snalin View Post
    Wasn't the LB times reset already once in this season when they made elite mobs harder for craken?
    So isn't this case the same?
    I was aslo thinking about that.
    What i'm thinking with the fact that they're not reseting them, is to push some of us who goes for time runs, to get hooks and mythic helmets.

Conclusion, another method for more platinum purchases.

Just a thought, cause that's how I see it.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #22
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The only reset we have done for the current season is to reset #4 because that boss was incorrectly set to spawn when the zone loaded, rather than after an amount of mobs were defeated. It was clear that no one, after the change, could have beat the previous times.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The only reset we have done for the current season is to reset #4 because that boss was incorrectly set to spawn when the zone loaded, rather than after an amount of mobs were defeated. It was clear that no one, after the change, could have beat the previous times.
    Yes, but it seems fair to reset the time runs because of the ALP nerf. People without Nefarious Hooks or Mythic Helmet won't be able to beat them. That's how I see it, and I think that's how it is.

I may be wrong, though. Sam, I luv you. O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

you do realise everyone had the chance to go for the records before the alp nerf, right?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blakadder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

and you also realize that the current lb times are 99.9% unbeatable

not that I care but assuming it's 1 season per lvl cap, the records have already been set in stone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blakadder View Post
    you do realise everyone had the chance to go for the records before the alp nerf, right?
    Those who start playing now or will try to beat records next month - it's still same season - have no chance to beat the records. Give folks a chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

whos to say they could beat the records even if alps were still available? i may sound selfish here as a records holder but i dont care. everyone will have the chance in the next season. also you have threei new maps to make records for. its even playing field on those
    @snalin yes i am aware thats why my team worked hard on setting them
    Last edited by blakadder; 03-16-2013 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

whos to say they could beat the records even if alps were still available? i may sound selfish here as a records holder but i dont care. everyone will have the chance in the next season. also you have threei new maps to make records for. its even playing field on those
    You don't sound selfish. You sound like you scary for challenge. Because Av/Cs team or some other with proper items can clear all your records out. If it's not the case, you will be glad to try new strategies and meet new challengers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I'm a record holder too, but like you said, you do sound selfish.
    They are nearly unbeatable if you don't own hooks or mythic helmets.
    People had time before nerf? Lol, you sure you know what a time run is?
    If you're a record holder, you should know it doesn't take few hours for them.
    It takes WEEKS of work, and strategy to do these, so no we did not have 'time'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i applaud and congratulate av's team for the tough competition with mine. they put in the work and the competition was thrilling and motivating.
    as for the others, you still hqve the last 3 maps to earn your records banner. you can have only one anyway.
    and yes i am scared of a challenge, thanks for noticing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

i applaud and congratulate av's team for the tough competition with mine. they put in the work and the competition was thrilling and motivating.
    as for the others, you still hqve the last 3 maps to earn your records banner. you can have only one anyway.
    and yes i am scared of a challenge, thanks for noticing
    Don't worry, records will be taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalEagle View Post
    I'm a record holder too, but like you said, you do sound selfish.
    They are nearly unbeatable if you don't own hooks or mythic helmets.
    People had time before nerf? Lol, you sure you know what a time run is?
    If you're a record holder, you should know it doesn't take few hours for them.
    It takes WEEKS of work, and strategy to do these, so no we did not have 'time'.
    actually we did most records in an hour or two.. if you think it takes weeks then thats just enough time till the lb resets next season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

actually we did most records in an hour or two.. if you think it takes weeks then thats just enough time till the lb resets next season
    Sure you did some records in some hours. So did we. But that's just temporary ones.
    To lock a time run, make it unbeatable, it needs hard work, strategy and everything needed to do so.

Hm, not sure you're familiar with time runs, mate.

Anyways, let the challenge begin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

If to look for time runs LB from previous seasons, they are constantly improving during whole season, team by team, that's the spirit of making it to LB and making it fun.
    I am not a time runner, failed in season 1. But every time I ran with a team I knew it was possible to beat and only seconds/milliseconds divided me from records. Now it's only first month of the season and it's not fun to compete for those who want it.

I am not going for banners since season 1 and I know these records can be/will be beaten later with hooks, just now there are no marks to compare your runs with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

This is a dilemma for all of us.
    If record reset, ppl with arcane and mystic items have great advantage to get their name on LB, which turns game into a plat contest.
    If not, I think it pretty hard for a team to beat those time records set before lifethief weapon got nerfed. Unless all members in the team have arcane and mystic item, which turns game into a plat contest as well.

(The only solution I can see is probably nerf the arcane and mystic a bit. They can have better stat than legendary items, but not that overpowered. Then reset the time record. So everyone has the chance to play for record even if they cant afford those expensive items.)

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to csyui For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    This is a dilemma for all of us.
    If record reset, ppl with arcane and mystic items have great advantage to get their name on LB, which turns game into a plat contest.
    If not, I think it pretty hard for a team to beat those time records set before lifethief weapon got nerfed. Unless all members in the team have arcane and mystic item, which turns game into a plat contest as well.

(The only solution I can see is probably nerf the arcane and mystic a bit. They can have better stat than legendary items, but not that overpowered. Then reset the time record. So everyone has the chance to play for record even if they cant afford those expensive items.)
    This!
    Best team wins anyway (blak team, cs, or mystic, or other), it doesn't really matter who wins. Give us the fair possibility to compete till the last minute of the season. For plat users there were already Top players and Enhanced runs leaderboards, now Pure runs also incredibly rely on who is rich instead skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

very well put csyui and hippl, i couldnt agree more. that was actually the primary motivation for setting the records early cause i for sure am not spending real cash to try to get the hooks for setting the records

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

It is the same issue that occurred during season one with changes in the timer start and tomb
    runs. The timer originally started with the first enemy killed and changed to starting upon first
    acquiring aggro from the enemy. This essentially made lb times unbeatable as people set the
    lb times by gathering huge mobs from large portions of the map and killing them fast to make
    the boss spawn in a matter of seconds after the timer started. This was no longer possible with
    the timer starting as soon as you gained aggro instead of when you made your first kill. There
    was much contentious debate about this in the forums, and the developers eventually decided
    to revert the timer start to how it was before the update.

This seems like an analogous situation with an update making leaderboard times potentially unbeatable.
    I am not trying to minimize anyone's hard work or current excellent times, but current leaderboard
    holders would be foolish to assume that the times they set now would not have been beaten later in the
    season. Many people have not even been trying to set records yet this season. Again this is not to minimize
    the hard work of anyone that is currently on the leaderboards, as there is no doubt that the current
    leaderboard holders would likely have been setting some of these new records too as they refined
    their methods. I am much aware of how touchy a subject this is, as back in season 1, when mages could
    still compete for times, I held many of the records at the time of the update which made my times
    unbeatable. Many people criticized me and my teammates calling us cheaters and saying that we did
    not deserve our leaderboard times. I guess we proved them wrong by improving our times and staying
    on the leaderboards after the update was reverted and the times could again be beaten Anyways,
    the point is that the current leaderboard times would have been beaten later in the season if the ALP
    was not nerfed as more people would start competing for times and refining their techniques. With the
    current update it remains to be seen if it is still possible to beat the times on the leaderboard, although
    I too think this will be a very tall order.

Anyways, players and developers, please keep an open mind about this. If in fact there are no changes in
    leaderboard times over the next couple of weeks, I think the developers may have to do something to make
    the leaderboards more fair. If it indeed turns out that a team of players with hooks gets together and
    dominates the leaderboards, well good for them, and I will definitely be jealous.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 03-16-2013 at 02:07 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I can tell you it is 100%percent that the records of hauntlet and crypty will be easily beaten by 4 hooks.
    However what need to be tested is whether elite records will be beaten by hooks , this is hard to say.

As an experienced speed runner, I can tell you some reason about this.

For example, alf before nerf is a weapon with 50% chance dmg on 1, 50%chance dmg on 10.
    hook is a weapon always dealing 4 damage.

then the hp for mops in hauntlet and crypt is 2, so obviously ,hooks are better, coz one hit kill.
    but the hp for mops in Elite maps are much more than 2, you have to kill a mops by several hit, so if our assumption is right, alf before nerfed is still better than hook.

This is just a easy example, you know what i mean
    Last edited by Avshow; 03-16-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snalin View Post
    and you also realize that the current lb times are 99.9% unbeatable

not that I care but assuming it's 1 season per lvl cap, the records have already been set in stone
    if you have hooks ,can easily beat hauntlet and crypt, but hard to say in elite