Thread: Economy opinions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Here are my thoughts. I'm a very casual player.

1. Buying gold with Platinum is too easy, Platinum to Gold ratio is too high
    2. Gold earned to regular gameplay, vendoring, or questing is not on the same planet as merching or 'luck' (luck being elite grinding and chest opening)
    3. Possibly, get rid of chests or make them drop caches of gold, pets,potions packs, or vanities. not items. Getting multiple items from a drop is also driving prices down.
    4. Make Elites 30m-1hr and the bosses very tough, but guarantee a Legendary drop with a chance at mythic/arcane
    5. Add all or more suffixes to each item drop so that there are varying qualities of each item. (Firesquid rod has 3 different suffixes and 2 different levels, but there are 10 possible suffix combinations just for INT being the main stat, 20 more if Dex/Str are the main stat). Varying qualities will have different price points and the good ones would still be as rare as just getting 1 of them now.
    6. STOP putting Elite items in crates that are better than dungeons. I get really bored when i can just buy a gun for 5k and use that forever,etc.
    7. with some above changes (increase gold drops, chest changes etc) raise prices on pots.
    8. make all pet eggs more rare and take them out of Klaas's chests and put them into the world as drops somewhere. Making other items besides top tier elite and arcane items worth something. there are so few pets that drop that are worth anything between 5k gold and 500k that are drops.
    9. they could easily raise gold drop, vendoring, and quest gold if they would make items be bound once equipped so that youcan't resell them. Then they could raise drop rates to make folks happy in runs...instead of upset with bad drops or unlucky chests

and sorry, but people who say Merching is a good way to make money, that isn't a way for general or casual players to make money. you need gold to start, practice to be good, and a lot of market knowledge in STS games. Other than that, there is gold buying or elite grinding and banging your head on the wall when you get crap because of crap luck time and time again.

I tried playing other games recently like the new on on iOS call Heroes of Destiny, but that was even a worse cash money sink than AL, luckily i found a review that pointed me to Fantasy Adventure. Costs and drops in game are well balanced. It's a lot easier to play a game that isn't aggrivating...
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 03-20-2013 at 08:27 AM.