Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ripmaw Replaced by Slag the Fire Elemental on Thursday - Comparison - UPDATED!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

[QUOTE=uzidredar;1025451]In AL as in life the whiners get the better loot. Sorcerers pls l2whine better. We are still gimped in pvp and the next expansion is for op warriors.
    Yes we have a nice pet but we are still the least fun class to play.

I disagree I enjoy my mage blastin fireballs from far away, being a killing machine...its fun...wish heal was better, I see the issue os thay magws want to be tanks.. u can't go in there all blaze of glory and not expect to get killed....know the class stregths and weakness.... mage weakness health, strength aoe, warruor weakness damage and dps strength health, rouge strength dodge, dps, crit, damage, weakeness short battles lol. Just saying
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyll View Post
    This is garbage. you change this pet because people complained enough but you won't change warriors back when we all complained? you keep changing things because one class complains about the other when I was told before by staff members to try it out before jumping to conclusion. well I did try it out and it came to the same conclusion as before. why not release this pet as it was and see what it does before nerfing it before it was even released. what all the warriors fail to remember is we get a boost from DEX and INT too. having +30 dex on a warrior, he can crit SO much and might even bring windmill back to being OP. More INT means I wouldn't have to have my passive INT with any points and can use those points else where. Also having +30 DEX you'd see a drop in price on grace gear in CS because it wouldn't be needed. yeah the pet is good for rouge but it's also good for warriors too. you guys need to change it back to the original stats and treat everyone equally. If you're going to tell me to try it first before i jump to that conclusion then tell that to everyone else. NO ONE KNOWS EXACTLY HOW THESE STATS WILL EFFECT THEM UNTIL IT IS EQUIPPED. THEY DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE ALGORITHM IN THE CODE, THEY ARE MEARLY SPECULATING.

Everyone on the forums knows how hard i fought against the VB/windmill nerf so you know i'm more warrior and anything (my warrior is still on LB and i haven't played him longer than 10 mins since update) but since then I've made a rogue and noticed issues as well. but these issues are overshadowed because I KNOW HOW TO PLAY AND GEAR TOWARDS MY STATS NOT JUST MAKING (as Sam said) A COOKIE CUTTER BUILD.

Slag would have been a great pet for Rogue and Warrior. The stats now are still descent for both classes, but i was honestly EXCITED to play AL again when i saw this pet before. Now I'm just disappointed that yet again STS dangles something great in front of their players and takes it away at the last minute.
    imagine how much more rage people will get if they released slag with the old stat and THEN nerf it afterward. People will rage for refund, threat to quit the game etc... etc...

If they don't nerf slag afterward, but release an equivalent OP pet for warriors and mage, then people will cry about how sts is greedy and force you to buy platinum etc... etc....

Sometime, it's not just as simple as "release it first and see what happen later", especially when we already see miles ahead that this will break the balance of the game. It's better to stop the damage before it happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaleagle View Post
    Warrior, Hazel 30 STR.
    Sorcerer, Colton 30 INT.
    Rogue, no 30 DEX.

Seems legit..
    yeah, comparing just 1 stat of all these pets seems legit...

it's not JUST +30 DEX, it was +30 DEX +10 INT +12% damage +10% movement +arcane with stun.

Hazel for warrior is just +30 Str +7% movement +arcane with slow.

Looking at just 1 stat and complain is just like complaining mage is OP because they have a 3500+ mana pool while the 2 classes have only 500 mana pool.

Seriously.... if rogue want a +30 DEX pet so badly, maybe sts should just release a +30 DEX + 7% movement pet for them and call it a day.

FYI, I have a mage, so having Slag with the old stat was actually not bad for me with new DEX damage boost.
    Last edited by wawawa64; 03-27-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

To be honest, I think Ripmaw was better. Just my opinion though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wawawa64 View Post
    yeah, comparing just 1 stat of all these pets seems legit...

it's not JUST +30 DEX, it was +30 DEX +10 INT +12% damage +10% movement +arcane with stun.

Hazel for warrior is just +30 Str +7% movement +arcane with slow.

Looking at just 1 stat and complain is just like complaining mage is OP because they have a 3500+ mana pool while the 2 classes have only 500 mana pool.

Seriously.... if rogue want a +30 DEX pet so badly, maybe sts should just release a +30 DEX + 7% movement pet for them and call it a day.

FYI, I have a mage, so having Slag with the old stat was actually not bad for me with new DEX damage boost.
    Well said
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I'm still hoping they'll make it 20/20/20. 15/15/15 would already be better though. I mean, what's up witht the 10str? Weren't the changes made to make it a better pet for ALL classes?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I'm still hoping they'll make it 20/20/20. 15/15/15 would already be better though. I mean, what's up witht the 10str? Weren't the changes made to make it a better pet for ALL classes?
    I personally think str should be higher that the other stats. All classes benefit from str/health. Warriors get ripoff on their secondary dex stats. 150 points to stats gives a minimal of 9 dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Malison is STILL better. And, I don't get that. Really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

, KEWL pet !
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Wow....I had all my plat saved up and was super excited to buy this new pet on Thursday. Then I looked at the stats now and thought I had misread something somewhere. I think all the points have been made....repeatedly....by now, so I will just say that you lost an easy 250plat from me with this change. Sorry STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by earhole View Post
    I personally think str should be higher that the other stats. All classes benefit from str/health. Warriors get ripoff on their secondary dex stats. 150 points to stats gives a minimal of 9 dodge.
    I could live with only an increase in str. As you said, all classes benefit from survivability.

I do have that nagging feeling STS won't change much anymore though. They were quick to change the stats when many people started whining about it but I haven't seen a single response to constructive suggestions made in this thread yet. And it's already Thursday.

Ow well, at least there's still Kettle that would give us similar and, IMO, overal even better stats, and doesn't cost a thing except for pixel gold

U rok, thanks!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I could live with only an increase in str. As you said, all classes benefit from survivability.

I do have that nagging feeling STS won't change much anymore though. They were quick to change the stats when many people started whining about it but I haven't seen a single response to constructive suggestions made in this thread yet. And it's already Thursday.

Ow well, at least there's still Kettle that would give us similar and, IMO, overal even better stats, and doesn't cost a thing except for pixel gold
    Yeah, agree.. It's kinda sad they don't reply.. And I still can't figure out what they're doing in the dev team when they make something, test it, announce it, then withdraws it. It's not like not all classes wouldn't benefit with the pet the way it was when announced, and it's really really sad of them to not think things through and nerf the pet down to an almost identical pet that's only legendary and doesn't cost loooots of plat to buy..

Was actually looking forward to the new pet, was going to spend money, get plat, buy it. But it's not worth it anymore..

What troubles me most is that the dev team is so uncertain of their skills as developers that they have to change something announced based on forum posts by, for what they/we/I know could be just whining from people who don't think things through, resulting in an even worse solution, making me believe even LESS of the dev team. - Come on dev team, MAN UP!

I love this game, I'm old enough to use my money wherever and whenever I want, got enough money and then some to use on stuff I enjoy/my hobbies as much as I want. But I'm starting to get doubts about if this game is right for me when the makers of the game just messes it up and can't even seem to fix month old bugs (like the dmg+ not showing on character sheet, etc)..

For all you know all the whining posts came from people who can't buy plat, and now you've lost looooots of money from people who CAN buy plat..

Start thinking things through, start testing stuff enough before announcing them so you don't get **** on your shoulders. Hell, I'll even volunteer to beta test if you need that.. Just get things done the right way so you don't lose players, and maybe more important to you; players who buy plat to have the BIS stuff!

Looking forward to hear from you, and to see what you do with the pet before you release it. IMO you could even use more time to test before releasing if thats what it takes to get a good product.
    You've had a lot of suggestions from, what seems to me as grown-up players that has more in their mind than "OMG plat buyers are going to get so much more dps than me!".
    If you want to make money out of this game, then make the plat stuff really exclusive, not average.

I must say that +20 to all stats sounds a bit tempting as it would out-grow malison and be better than most pets, still better for all classes, though I would actually see the pet released as it was when announced as that's what's most right to do!

Edit: No offence to any players with this post, just trying to make my point. <3 you all
    Last edited by Taigah; 03-28-2013 at 09:56 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Taigah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taigah View Post
    Yeah, agree.. It's kinda sad they don't reply.. And I still can't figure out what they're doing in the dev team when they make something, test it, announce it, then withdraws it. It's not like not all classes wouldn't benefit with the pet the way it was when announced, and it's really really sad of them to not think things through and nerf the pet down to an almost identical pet that's only legendary and doesn't cost loooots of plat to buy..

Was actually looking forward to the new pet, was going to spend money, get plat, buy it. But it's not worth it anymore..

What troubles me most is that the dev team is so uncertain of their skills as developers that they have to change something announced based on forum posts by, for what they/we/I know could be just whining from people who don't think things through, resulting in an even worse solution, making me believe even LESS of the dev team. - Come on dev team, MAN UP!

I love this game, I'm old enough to use my money wherever and whenever I want, got enough money and then some to use on stuff I enjoy/my hobbies as much as I want. But I'm starting to get doubts about if this game is right for me when the makers of the game just messes it up and can't even seem to fix month old bugs (like the dmg+ not showing on character sheet, etc)..

For all you know all the whining posts came from people who can't buy plat, and now you've lost looooots of money from people who CAN buy plat..

Start thinking things through, start testing stuff enough before announcing them so you don't get **** on your shoulders. Hell, I'll even volunteer to beta test if you need that.. Just get things done the right way so you don't lose players, and maybe more important to you; players who buy plat to have the BIS stuff!

Looking forward to hear from you, and to see what you do with the pet before you release it. IMO you could even use more time to test before releasing if thats what it takes to get a good product.
    You've had a lot of suggestions from, what seems to me as grown-up players that has more in their mind than "OMG plat buyers are going to get so much more dps than me!".
    If you want to make money out of this game, then make the plat stuff really exclusive, not average.

I must say that +20 to all stats sounds a bit tempting as it would out-grow malison and be better than most pets, still better for all classes, though I would actually see the pet released as it was when announced as that's what's most right to do!

Edit: No offence to any players with this post, just trying to make my point. <3 you all

I agree with all of your points but one. I don't question the "skills" of the devs cause I think they're awesome. This is more of a maketing issue.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

STS! Bring it back to 30 Dex! Look all the buyers you've lost.. (including me since I realised that even Malison is better than Slag's updated stats).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taigah View Post

They dont respond because theres people all over the forums reaking mayhem 24/7 and as that funny line is said "ain't nobody got time for that!"
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Please change It back to the original stats or something close to it , don't make him look the part but not play the part. He was good how we was since all classes get something for having dex . We need our 30 dex pet ... Or at least give him 25 dex or more Str.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Think we lost this one gentlemen/ladies.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Correct.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    And the end score...

Whining: 1 - Constructive feedback: 0

I still do have a sliver of hope left but that's probably just me being naive.

U rok, thanks!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

And the end score...

Whining: 1 - Constructive feedback: 0

I still do have a sliver of hope left but that's probably just me being naive.
    That's why I like you bro. This^ = Jeez. 200% right, and more than completely true.