Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which staff is better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I usually use rifle for the mobs and enemies, mainly because so my stuns will do more dmg to it. You cant really stun the boss, so I use staff. For mobs, I use fire and frost, I would use time but i use my pvp build. For the boss I use fire and light,,and life for teammates mana. So I can usually cram aome auto attacks in. and its kinda hard to corner anyboss, especially when the tanker refuses.
    Nice. Now it makes more sense in terms if what you are asking for. In that case gun for the mobs and the
    captains staff for the boss. I don't know why you wouldn't use frost for the boss. Frost has a higher single
    target damage than fire and also does DOT. If I were you, I would spam non charged fire, frost and light
    and autoattack versus the boss using life when needed for you and your teammates. I know you are
    not asking for build suggestions, so I hope I didn't overstep again with my suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I believe the captains staff would be your best choice for going pve and probably oracle crystal or stick with captain for pvp. Just my thoughts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I'd say Captains Staff as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Hi!

I reccomend to You fabulous Oracle Crystal Gun

Capitan's Staff isn't good for farming and PVP

Booya!
    Dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Use Oracle Gun if you have 3 or more offense skill. But if you only have 2 nuke skills ( I've seen plenty of mages only have TS and FB, but have both shield AND Lifegivers) maybe you are better off with a rod?

Personally, I like Guns much more because you don't need to aim, and you can stay away from the elite boss, given how they can 1 or 2 hit you to death. Consider how many auto-attack you would miss if you have to get close to elite bosses attack, then back away when you get aggro. With a gun, you can constantly spamming auto-attack in between cool down without aiming.

If you don't like the push proc, try combustion cannon maybe? ( Someone posted that combustion cannon actually has higher damage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Well since this thread keeps getting resurrected, I'll chime in. Skip all of those staves, get a Combustion Cannon which has more skill damage stat than any of your choices, and spam away from a distance without worrying about a silly push proc. This all goes out the window if and when you get a squid or skewer.

Oracle gun for pvp, but you already knew that.

/edit

Yes, somehow Combustion Cannon does actually do more auto attack damage than Oracle gun. Pretty helpful when you're soloing normal mode mobs. Don't bother with the aoe charge shot though. The charge takes way too long, damage is laughable and no stun makes the charge useless.
    Last edited by Yakiniku; 04-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Airys <Average Joes>