Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Clarifying Arcane Hooks and Mythic Helms In the Next Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

At like 1/1000000 rate lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    It wasn't false, it's the same promise that we're giving now. Arcane Hooks will still be the highest damage Rogue melee weapon after this expansion (Nordr) is released and Mythic helmets will still be equivalent to the best helmets. In addition, we have plans for the Mythics in the following expansion after Nordr, so even if you stop wearing them, I wouldn't get rid of them.

If you thought that I said that Arcane and Mythic items will forever be the best and you never have to get another item for that slot, then you misunderstood me. That would make no sense, we've never released items that just keep upgrading forever and you never have to replace them.
    I know that we have had a couple other threads which discussed this, so perhaps I am repeating here, but the sorcerer mythic helm is barely the best sorcerer helm at level 26. In fact, for PvP I use a different helm since the mythic has lower armor and causes me to lose 160+ health compared to the helm I use for PvP. With that being the case, I find it hard to understand how the sorcerer helm can still be equivalent to the best at level 31 when it just barely makes that qualification at level 26. Unless of course you are going to give it a stat boost.

For the Rogue & Warrior mythic helms, yes they care clearly the best at level 26 so perhaps that will be the case at level 31.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    At like 1/1000000 rate lol
    my bet would be hooks 1/50000 or 0.002%, mythic helms 1/100 or 1%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

We all know all 6 mythic armor pieces and both arcane weapons will most likely be available from crates but my question is
    will the golden Nodr elite chests contain mythic helms and hooks? or will the helms and hook be exclusive to golden elite pirates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    We all know all 6 mythic armor pieces and both arcane weapons will most likely be available from crates but my question is
    will the golden Nodr elite chests contain mythic helms and hooks? or will the helms and hook be exclusive to golden elite pirates
    The hooks and helms with only be in elite gold pirates and locked crates , and the new arcane and mythic will come from new chest and locked crates.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

It wasn't false, it's the same promise that we're giving now. Arcane Hooks will still be the highest damage Rogue melee weapon after this expansion (Nordr) is released and Mythic helmets will still be equivalent to the best helmets. In addition, we have plans for the Mythics in the following expansion after Nordr, so even if you stop wearing them, I wouldn't get rid of them.

If you thought that I said that Arcane and Mythic items will forever be the best and you never have to get another item for that slot, then you misunderstood me. That would make no sense, we've never released items that just keep upgrading forever and you never have to replace them.
    So this means with current scaling and previously planned level 31 items, the Arcane Hooks will naturally be the highest damage item? If that is not is the case, and it requires a forced nerf to level 31 items then that is going to cause a much bigger problem to the game, and will be easily noticed.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    So this means with current scaling and previously planned level 31 items, the Arcane Hooks will naturally be the highest damage item? If that is not is the case, and it requires a forced nerf to level 31 items then that is going to cause a much bigger problem to the game, and will be easily noticed.
    It won't unbalance the game b/c 99.9% of the players you play with will be on equal grounds as everyone else.
    It's almost the end of Season 3 and i've yet to farm any pve maps with a hooks user and i've only been in 2 ctf games with a hooks user.

When they decide to release such an exclusive item, there will be definitely some drawbacks but if you think about it, it will have minimal effect on the majority of the players.
    I'm guessing the drop rate is well above at 1 in every 3000+ crates or 5k+ golden elites so for such a costly item, it deserves to hold the #1 spot, or until they introduce the next wave of arcane weapons.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 04-01-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    It won't unbalance the game b/c 99.9% of the players you play with will be on equal grounds as everyone else.
    It's almost the end of Season 3 and i've yet to farm any pve maps with a hooks user and i've only been in 2 ctf games with a hooks user.

When they decide to release such an exclusive item, there will be definitely some drawbacks but if you think about it, it will have minimal effect on the majority of the players.
    I am just saying it could unbalance Rogues in general. Because of the outcry they need to make sure the level 26 hooks are the best item at level 31, so if they do that retroactively, it would mean nerfing all the other Rogue level 31 items.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Best doesn't mean +40 dmg and + 70 dps.
    Best could only mean +10 dmg and + 20 dps which would still make it best.

I'm guessing the 31 daggers and 31 bows will be just under the hooks which will ofc depreciate the value on hooks but it would still make it the best and still be almost as valuable.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

If you'll kindly reread every post i have made in this thread i have never ever said i would like to stay it upgraded forever.. I have even suggested things i thought are goood idea and a good balance for these problem , some are even ways for you to earn more money from gamers like me.. In what i understand you are planning on havin some ways for mythic to be turned in for an upgrade after Nordr expansion,correct? But how about arcane weapon? With current stated plan it will be obselete when Mage expansion comes, shouldnt arcane weapons have a better plan lay out for it being the rarest rarity ingame? See where my frustration is comin from?

If you can check all my post never have i ever made a rage post that dont have any sense into it.. When i complained about how Arcane are terrible when they were first released and had that conversation with you then after a few days you patched that arcane weapon to be where it is now?.. It felt awesome TBH a gamer being heard by the devs and felt that in some little way i contributed in that decision . I promised then that because u were very accomodating and felt like you are listening to your customer that i would purchase a 89$ plat package bec u guys deserve it , u know what ? I did multiple times infact spread to my different accounts ( i have. Two lvl26 rogue,1 lvl 26 warrior,1 lvl 21 warrior, 1 lvl21 mage, twink lvl6 x2 twink lvl16) all of them have enjoyed havin the luxury of spendin plats when they needed.. All because i felt i had found the game that where devs deserve my support..

As ive stated in one of my post ,Yes in a game like this items should need to be replaced every expansion but also remember in PC mmorpgs updates takes 6month- 1 year to arrive . Since we are on a mobile platform i truly understand and support the idea of faster expansion coming in since we can only squeeze so many things in in a mobile game xpansion bef we get burned out.. Thats why i was askin that kindly give us something that we can invest in that we can carry to several expansion atleast ( since we have an average of 2 months per expansion) thats just one item a very rare and very expensive item to acquire.. Then maybe after a few expansion introduce a seperate branch of better arcane weapon ( ex: axe vs sword , staff vs gun and blades vs bow) in that way old arcane weapon will hold their value but we will have something new to gun for then just repeat the process entire rotation of these will take a year or more enough time for us to shell out tons of cash for you guys...

I just hope you see what iam tryin to say here.. I never did asked for a permanent item just give as a better future plan layout for items you are releasing that are very rare and expensive... I will never ever complain like this if i did not love your game ..

I complain because i care
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 04-01-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I am just saying it could unbalance Rogues in general. Because of the outcry they need to make sure the level 26 hooks are the best item at level 31, so if they do that retroactively, it would mean nerfing all the other Rogue level 31 items..
    @Gundamsone
    He is correct in this one bud.. We are on the same boat here , he is just saying in retrospect for hooks to be able to be better than lvl 31 rogue weapon w/o it being upgraded they need to make sure they scale down Elite legendary lvl 31 rogue weapon rather than giving its full potential..

And let us be honest here even with a hook its not a very big significance in this current expansion ( ofcourse having 2 or more Rogue with hook in a party is a different story) for example i did try to time our Southern Sea Run with Hook vs Flintlock difference is just few secos faster as in just 10-15 secs it being Best item at that for this expansion yes thats a good increase and improvement but imagine that hook being used in the new expansion w/o an upgrade or worst imagine lvl31 elite legendary in a lvl 31 elite map if they are to be scaled down for hooks to be still the best..

Edit:
    @Devs and others
    English is not my native tongue i just try my very best to reach out and give my opinion if ever you find phrases or words that are not makin any sense i apologize in advance .
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 04-01-2013 at 08:48 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jellowpy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Either way, hooks will pretty much be a vanity item in this update. Whoever has them can save money by not needing 31 items. With the way prices are going, by the time the sorc update comes out, and hooks get scaled up, the chance of getting arcane hooks will be even lower since there's more arcane items selection. I wouldn't be surprised if their price shoots up to 99m

The key to this game is not to expect arcane. It will drive u insane! Mythic is obtainable, but arcane items you might as well cash convert all your plat!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Technically, I think what Fluff is saying is that it will be bad if they have to nerf L31 weapons just to make the hook better since they will not be buffing hooks. With the current progression of stats from one cap to the next, it will be relatively easy to tell if the new gear has been nerfed to accommodate this.

We hope that the hooks are already powerful enough that they could remain the best without having to change the stat curve to "make" them the best. I guess it would also be relatively easy to extrapolate 31 gear stats and compare them to the hooks stats if you have those.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Either way, hooks will pretty much be a vanity item in this update. Whoever has them can save money by not needing 31 items. With the way prices are going, by the time the sorc update comes out, and hooks get scaled up, the chance of getting arcane hooks will be even lower since there's more arcane items selection. I wouldn't be surprised if their price shoots up to 99m

The key to this game is not to expect arcane. It will drive u insane! Mythic is obtainable, but arcane items you might as well cash convert all your plat!
    Where did you get this information from? All I've been reading until now says there is no updated planned for the hooks. Only mythics.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I just think that the whole idea to bring an Arcane weapon for each class is a bit ''out of track''.

First, comes the Rogue arcane weapon for level 26. You spend hundreds of dollars or millions of gold to obtain it. It is an incredibly rare item to get. Then, once you get it, you have the best Rogue weapon and you are pretty strong or even 'OP'.

Then, comes the Warrior arcane weapon for level 31. Same thing to obtain it, but now the Warrior will have the 'OP' weapon and will be even more powerful. The level 26 Rogue arcane weapon will then become weaker, and weaker each expansions.

After that, there will be a level 36 Sorcerer arcane weapon which will then give the power to the Sorcerers, who will became more 'OP' and stronger.

Conclusion, if they don't let us upgrade the Warrior and Rogue arcane weapons, it will only be un-balanced and nonsense since it would be MUCH better if EACH classe has THEIR arcane weapon for the SAME level.

Don't forget that you get to have that strong and powerful arcane for about a month or two, to then have better ones (or not).

Even if the upgrade requires a X amount of platinum or gold to do, it will still be pretty reasonable.

Just my two little cents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Where did you get this information from? All I've been reading until now says there is no updated planned for the hooks. Only mythics.
    I was under the impression that arcane along with mythics would be upgradable in the sorc expansion. If they don't do so, they've essentially destroyed quite a bit of plat sales as those ultra rare items all eventually become obsolete leaving only the arcane pets worth getting. Blows the mind how they can promise that mythics and arcane items can be turned in for higher level in future expansions and now they're not only skipping to every other expansion but possibly never upgradable?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

^^
    This they did not realize that those that are gunning for this kind of items are those that are willing to shell out hundreds or thousand of dollars .. Who would want to get burned again and shell out those kind of money if you know it'll happen again ? As for me have spent hundres for plat but was very happy and was willing to spend more to get a slim chance of gettin tht arcnae weapon for my warrior but with this weak future plan layout for arcane weapon i dont think so..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

My take: Look at the current tier 4 (pinks) malee items. Depraved and Flintlocks. Flintlocks are more rare and all around more valuable, but DBP have more dps etc. FofB gives you some stuff that DBP don't, DMG etc. Saying that, a new Viking type lvl 31 weapon/bow would prob be all around better than Hooks, but the Hooks will most likly provide an Assassin something that a new weapon won't.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think you guys forget that hooks will always be OP as a lvl26 pvp item. If you look at PL, some of the most expensive items have always been twink items used in PvP. So I would not be surprised to find hooks still worth 10m+ long after they are obsolete at end game. But yes, if I had to guess I would expect that at the 41 cap we will be looking at a new rogue arcane weapon, assuming the pattern continues.

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #100
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I was under the impression that arcane along with mythics would be upgradable in the sorc expansion. If they don't do so, they've essentially destroyed quite a bit of plat sales as those ultra rare items all eventually become obsolete leaving only the arcane pets worth getting. Blows the mind how they can promise that mythics and arcane items can be turned in for higher level in future expansions and now they're not only skipping to every other expansion but possibly never upgradable?
    We never promised that Arcane items would be upgradable at all and we never promised that Mythics would be upgradable in every expansion. Not sure where you are getting this information.