Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 0 death guild

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Wow calm guys,
    how do you define "Zero Death Toon" in general, a zero deaths AND zero kills toon or a zero death toon that farm the kills in locked private games?
    In the second case I don't find anything similar to "leeching".

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

Z

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The-Sandman View Post
    wow lol and people wonder why this game is dying. someone suggests a new idea and everyone has to be a jerk about it and if you cant get 0 deaths without leeching then you just a newb lol. and I wolnt be reading this post anymore so anyone interested in this pm me anyone with advice pm me if ur just gona be an *** shut ur mouth and go play with youself in the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post
    Wow calm guys,
    how do you define "Zero Death Toon" in general, a zero deaths AND zero kills toon or a zero death toon that farm the kills in locked private games?
    You seem reasonable to talk to, so I will fill you in on why rushing for 0 deaths is bad.

Firstly, in your first situation, we already had had enough players leeching even in runs.
    aiming for 0 deaths towards end game would prove detrimental as it becomes increasingly harder and harder to survive. So if you don't want to lose your kdr, isn't it obvious you would be encouraged to leech??

Secondly, your second scenario would mean encouraging others to boost in leaderboards, something that was hated by the community. Boosters have never been held in high regard, so this would encourage all new players to hide behind lock rooms, farming kills just to get to leaderboards.

Only the current generation of players could influence those new bloods, so is this what we would want to teach them? I'll leave it to veterans to teach you in my stead; I believe they wouldn't like leechers or boosters altogether.

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    You seem reasonable to talk to, so I will fill you in on why rushing for 0 deaths is bad.

Firstly, in your first situation, we already had had enough players leeching even in runs.
    aiming for 0 deaths towards end game would prove detrimental as it becomes increasingly harder and harder to survive. So if you don't want to lose your kdr, isn't it obvious you would be encouraged to leech??

Secondly, your second scenario would mean encouraging others to boost in leaderboards, something that was hated by the community. Boosters have never been held in high regard, so this would encourage all new players to hide behind lock rooms, farming kills just to get to leaderboards.

Only the current generation of players could influence those new bloods, so is this what we would want to teach them? I'll leave it to veterans to teach you in my stead; I believe they wouldn't like leechers or boosters altogether.
    I respect your argumentation, and you're right with your first point - I do not like leechers who "exploit" me just not to die as well, on the other hand I have not seen many zero kills, zero deaths toons in my PL career, did you?

Regarding your second point, there are exceptions.
    I don't want to name examples, but do you know Odin ? He is on the leaderboards with a decent kill count and zero deaths, but he does join public games very often and helps here and there out, he even has done all quests if you're thinking about how many "risky" quests there are such as Vlod.
    Also , be honest do you really care about the PvE k/d ratio leaderboard, why not allow them the fame for which they have worked more or less hard for?
    Until they join your games and farm your kills it's alright.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I'm I'm if you make it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I respect your argumentation, and you're right with your first point - I do not like leechers who "exploit" me just not to die as well, on the other hand I have not seen many zero kills, zero deaths toons in my PL career, did you?

Regarding your second point, there are exceptions.
    I don't want to name examples, but do you know Odin ? He is on the leaderboards with a decent kill count and zero deaths, but he does join public games very often and helps here and there out, he even has done all quests if you're thinking about how many "risky" quests there are such as Vlod.
    Also , be honest do you really care about the PvE k/d ratio leaderboard, why not allow them the fame for which they have worked more or less hard for?
    Until they join your games and farm your kills it's alright.
    I respect your point, however in my time as a rhino, I have noted that there is a slight increase in the number of leechers these days. Players will say Lag and stand still and not help at all, even though real laggy players cry lag and at least tries to spam his skills. It's a small but noticeable difference.
    In fact, new players would pay 5 platinum just to get to Lost Valley round just to expect others to power level them.

For the second part, you are right in saying that PvE leaderboards don't really matter, as PvE leaderboards will almost never have players that want to boost their kills. I have met Parakseventh, the player with the highest kills so far, and I think he's a nice chap.

However, don't forget that attitude is fundamental in building up friends in this game, and I do know leeching and boosting in PVP creates a bad attitude. This is why I disagree with the OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

wow lol and people wonder why this game is dying. someone suggests a new idea and everyone has to be a jerk about it and if you cant get 0 deaths without leeching then you just a newb lol. and I wolnt be reading this post anymore so anyone interested in this pm me anyone with advice pm me if ur just gona be an *** shut ur mouth and go play with youself in the corner.
    thats dumb

no1 wants 2 join a guild with some1 wh0 t4lks li3k th4t.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Recruit the PAKAYOLO GANG !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Once again as often, people assume 0 deaths means you leach off people who don't want you to.
    Every successful zero death toon I personally met either;
    1. Had FRIENDS willingly help, or
    2. Did it by themselves in locked maps with two devices ( like I did. Lv 70 zero kills zero deaths)
    Yeah leaches exist, and they are incredibly easy to avoid. Try not to hate on folks without knowing how they got there.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Once again as often, people assume 0 deaths means you leach off people who don't want you to.
    Every successful zero death toon I personally met either;
    1. Had FRIENDS willingly help, or
    2. Did it by themselves in locked maps with two devices ( like I did. Lv 70 zero kills zero deaths)
    Yeah leaches exist, and they are incredibly easy to avoid. Try not to hate on folks without knowing how they got there.
    See what are the consequences of your friend's post a year ago? You should be proud of yourself, encouraging people on how to leech.

There has been a significant increase of leechers in most games, especially some from Russia trying to go for 0kills. This time suentous, I think it is valid for me to state that your friend did a pretty darn bad example for the current generation to look upon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Now it's fixed and stated.
    Sorry, forgot not everyone has common sense. You get a PvP death for auto attacking and leaving. You get a death for healing and leaving. You can join a game and get instantly spawn killed. Maybe if you used your brain you'd have seen that he was obviously talking about PvE only. Why assume he's referring to a booster guild?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Yich For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Wow calm guys,
    Sorry for double post, but once an F'ing gain, common sense!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

can it be l1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

See what are the consequences of your friend's post a year ago?
    Oh, heya, it's you! I hope you've been well.
    Personally, I can see no direct correlation between the op's desire to make this guild and an old thread. I'd be surprised if he knows what you're talking about in this case.

You should be proud of yourself, encouraging people on how to leech.
    Here is a difference in the way we think about this subject. You believe (forgive & correct me if wrong) that even having or promoting how to have a zero stat toon, I intentionally or inadvertently encourage others to do this. Often resulting in people simply leaching, even in spite of what I may be describing.
    I simply believe each individual is responsible for their own interactions. For me there is no modifier to that.
    I believe we see it in different lights, and I have no motive to try to change your mind.
    Report bots, host games, boot leachers.
    I pug a lot, hopefully some time well be running together, prolly not knowing who each other is, just on common ground.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 04-17-2013 at 11:08 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Oh, heya, it's you! I hope you've been well.
    Personally, I can see no direct correlation between the op's desire to make this guild and an old thread. I'd be surprised if he knows what you're talking about in this case.

Here is a difference in the way we think about this subject. You believe (forgive & correct me if wrong) that even having or promoting how to have a zero stat toon, I intentionally or inadvertently encourage others to do this. Often resulting in people simply leaching, even in spite of what I may be describing.
    I simply believe each individual is responsible for their own interactions. For me there is no modifier to that.
    I believe we see it in different lights, and I have no motive to try to change your mind.
    Report bots, host games, boot leachers.
    I pug a lot, hopefully some time well be running together, prolly not knowing who each other is, just on common ground.
    Cheers
    While it's true that more players are leeching in rooms, you are right about each player being held responsible of his own actions. To this day, Pocket Legends Terms Of Service has yet to implement an anti-leeching rule, thus many people abuse this aspect of the ToS to annoy other gamers, myself included.

I don't just think for myself when I first created that argument against your friend's 0 kills and 0 deaths thread, I was thinking about others and the consequences of letting your friend's thread go on. In that sense, I knew everyone has their own responsibilities of their own actions, however if I could have steered them into the right directions on how to play the game as LwMark and FourToonie did, at least I would have that peace of mind.

2 elite caps ago, when Mount Fang was the cap, everyone is still friendly with one another, and always willing to learn about their mistakes in PvE and PvP altogether. Even though I wasn't a Founders, let alone a Veteran that played in the Sewers cap, everyone including AoA is still willing to teach new players the fundamentals of the game. Such days are gone ever since Humania first came out, along with the closing of AoA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

While it's true that more players are leeching in rooms, you are right about each player being held responsible of his own actions. To this day, Pocket Legends Terms Of Service has yet to implement an anti-leeching rule, thus many people abuse this aspect of the ToS to annoy other gamers, myself included.
    I can't personally know if there has been more, but will accept that from your perspective it is more (sorry that sucks).
    I don't think there will be any explicit rule attempting to define the varieties of "leaching". Example, you join a pug of 4 friends, one of which is getting boosted, you stay and have the right to report? As opposed to one person standing still in lost val that no one knows. No need to when we can host & boot.
    As to the the point that you are looking out for the community, I commend your intent.
    Of the the past whatever cap, civility and the fundamentals do not have to be a thing of the past.

Edit- I guess this looks like an argument to some. Sorry I'll stop.
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 04-18-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luvaria View Post
    Okay I'll just disregard the arguing above, but:
    Say someone with 0 deaths joins...
    And dies, (whether it be just because they are "a newb" or from lag, etc.) are they just going to get kicked? Or can they not play on their character for fear of an accidental death?
    And you can just create a lvl1 character, it won't have deaths. Maybe a level requirement too? (And this is constructive).
    Since their is some confusion and you were the only once nice enough to ask for an explanation instead of spam this is how I would see it working. I haven't figured it all out at this point and I would like to find one or two people who would like 2 start it all out and hopefully cap and then make alts that we would farm and help others lvl. THIS WOULD BE PVE ONLY

1. Your toon has one life. once you have a death that particular toon would be removed from guild. You are not banned from guild or kicked right that second or anything like that. what the assumption is, is that you would make a new toon and be re-invited.

2. p/e ratio has to be visible (for obvious reasons)

3. transferring of items/gold or help from alts/people not in guild would be totally fine

4. active participation in helping others, pvp, ctf etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Since their is some confusion and you were the only once nice enough to ask for an explanation instead of spam this is how I would see it working. I haven't figured it all out at this point and I would like to find one or two people who would like 2 start it all out and hopefully cap and then make alts that we would farm and help others lvl. THIS WOULD BE PVE ONLY

1. Your toon has one life. once you have a death that particular toon would be removed from guild. You are not banned from guild or kicked right that second or anything like that. what the assumption is, is that you would make a new toon and be re-invited.

2. p/e ratio has to be visible (for obvious reasons)

3. transferring of items/gold or help from alts/people not in guild would be totally fine

4. active participation in helping others, pvp, ctf etc
    You might as well make a 9 deaths guild, to ease the stress. Make your members die 8 times and be extra careful on their last life.

Also I don't think number 4 is reasonable, since you will be socializing with many people you might find.... not to your liking.

Point is, Hardcore guilds have never existed in Pocket Legends because of the audience themselves, and people will just be forced to leave your guild if they die; I think that's more unsociable than even the biggest guilds full of drama. Also, your temporary guildmates will be encouraged to leech to preserve their "flawless" score.

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #38
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Sounds like a cool idea to me.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    ^^^^^^^ bingo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I don't think this is a good idea. This idea would probably cause newer players to leech.