Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New content is hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

If you fix bosses one shotting people when outside of the red zone it will make the game more playable. Hopefully this will be fixed once you guys return to,or row.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni:1062020
    If you fix bosses one shotting people when outside of the red zone it will make the game more playable. Hopefully this will be fixed once you guys return to,or row.

Annnd make the elite maps able to be completed in less than one or two hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just browsing through threads and came across this one. I belive what the devs did with, Im guessing the new endgame content, will make your gameplay experience a LOT more fun!.
    Instead of steamrolling through zones with random pugs, you will spend time finding a good compatable group of players with specific roles wiping but learning the strategy until you finally defeat the endgame boss. Whoo hoo!
    I think the devs should go as far as adding specific gear for main bosses. For example, nature resis, fire, etc.
    Im guesing also the best loot in the game drops from this boss (or bosses) reguarding the difficulty.
    Just my 2 cents....Rek DL
    Last edited by Rekful; 04-21-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I'm glad I'm not alone in not liking what they've done to the game, buffing all the bosses has taken away the fun and left frustration in its wake. Furthermore when you defeat a tough boss you'll usually receive the weapon equivalent of "Breadstick of Lunchtime" or "Wet Noodle of Soup" which is only worth liquidating for a few gold, adding insult to injury of your wasted time, potions and elixir if you have some.

I'm not advocating bosses drop good stuff every time as that would impact the market place but the ratio of good to useless items is really skewed, IMHO the game should have been coded so when you defeat a boss for the first time they drop a pink item for you, even if you can't use it there would still be value in the marketplace to help pay for whatever you're after.

If you use a product/service which becomes more difficult/annoying/frustrating to use than the last version then there's a high chance you won't use it as much. I've been buying (and occasionally selling) on eBay for over 13 years and they've screwed around with the interface so badly over the past year or so that I find it's a hinderance to using the service, and as a direct consequence I don't buy as much there because it's hassle trying to find things (they took away the wildcard search for starters) and keep track of it through the terrible design of My eBay.

Keep the game as hard as it now is and I won't be playing as much.

P.S. telling us to "gear up" is a bit like locking your keys in your car, as in we need decent gear to defeat the bosses, but it's the bosses that drop the decent gear...
    Last edited by Chaim Nail; 04-21-2013 at 07:37 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chaim Nail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Oh yeah sham need lvl up 31 and get good gear im praying to get loot arcane weapon or amor buying alot plat to open locked, indeed my lucky day came true i got arcane weapon for rogue and i buying mythic hlm for warrior after lvl 31 i will open the locked yahooooo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

u are right baby all u wrote here is true ohhh yeahhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post
    I'm glad I'm not alone in not liking what they've done to the game, buffing all the bosses has taken away the fun and left frustration in its wake. Furthermore when you defeat a tough boss you'll usually receive the weapon equivalent of "Breadstick of Lunchtime" or "Wet Noodle of Soup" which is only worth liquidating for a few gold, adding insult to injury of your wasted time, potions and elixir if you have some.

I'm not advocating bosses drop good stuff every time as that would impact the market place but the ratio of good to useless items is really skewed, IMHO the game should have been coded so when you defeat a boss for the first time they drop a pink item for you, even if you can't use it there would still be value in the marketplace to help pay for whatever you're after.

If you use a product/service which becomes more difficult/annoying/frustrating to use than the last version then there's a high chance you won't use it as much. I've been buying (and occasionally selling) on eBay for over 13 years and they've screwed around with the interface so badly over the past year or so that I find it's a hinderance to using the service, and as a direct consequence I don't buy as much there because it's hassle trying to find things (they took away the wildcard search for starters) and keep track of it through the terrible design of My eBay.

P.S. telling us to "gear up" is a bit like locking your keys in your car, as in we need decent gear to defeat the bosses, but it's the bosses that drop the decent gear...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rekful View Post
    Just browsing through threads and came across this one. I belive what the devs did with, Im guessing the new endgame content, will make your gameplay experience a LOT more fun!.
    Instead of steamrolling through zones with random pugs, you will spend time finding a good compatable group of players with specific roles wiping but learning the strategy until you finally defeat the endgame boss. Whoo hoo!
    I think the devs should go as far as adding specific gear for main bosses. For example, nature resis, fire, etc.
    Im guesing also the best loot in the game drops from this boss (or bosses) reguarding the difficulty.
    But they didn't build that game. That game would have a more reasonable communication method. There is no reasonable way to communicate strategy in choppy quick sentences on phones and tablets that halt play while you type. The whole rest of the game has been played, for the most part, silently - and now you want to change course to bring back EQ style tactical planning?

After one or two runs through, nobody in my regular hunt groups really wants to repeat the content. We are doing it, but it isn't actually fun and the lack of people leveling up there tells me I'm not alone in that sentiment. Why do Devs thnk everyone is leveling up in WT 4? A fun Nordr would allow the mobs to get harder with group level. If you are going to have a long expensive (potions, revives to prevent reset) time running through these new zone it had better be for some reason... But ther is no loot. I have not seen and have not heard of one single pink drop from Nordr. It is a thankless grim slog. Nice art, but terrible design.
    Last edited by Effervesce; 04-21-2013 at 09:48 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Effervesce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi everyone,

Now that the Battle for Nord has been out for a little under a day, I wanted to remind that the new content is going to feel pretty hard. We see this at every expansion. People rush to the end cap and then become frustrated that farming elites (or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

People need to get to know how the zones play and the Boss strategies.

So yes, it will not be on farm mode yet. Please give it some time, thanks!
    Some comments:
    I think dev needs to acknowledge the glitch with the red zone, either make the red zone visually larger or make the actual attack fall within the red zone.

Yes people need to gear up. Even warriors with 3000 HP and their warrior defense do get one shot. Imagine sorcerers and rogues - will they ever reach 3000 HP and average defenses with awesome gears? Even if they able to reach 3000HP will they survive 1 hit? Yes it is learning zone play and strategies but it wont get you far.

The walking distance from start point to boss is a long walk. A lot of pointless walking with nothing in between. A form of punishment for dying from 1 shot? I spent more time walking between start point to boss than actual game play. Fact.

Platinum coins are great. I only wish spending X number of platinum will guaranteed yield for Y equipment rather than gambling opening lock boxes.

Sorry that I will come off as sounding ungrateful about this free game. Dont get me wrong, it's loads of fun and keep me well entertained. Constructive feedback and comment is what I will aim for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Imo elite is easyer than the normal maps before when they were haywire thats for sure..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The-Sandman View Post
    They added new content they actuly want people to play. Their goal is not to have people cap and farming within hours of release...
    Here's the answer to leveling:

They should give leveling rewards for new maps. It would be so easy. Let's say you have to run wt4 40 times to get to 30. Ok, let's make you run the new maps 40 times. What's more, let's make you run *all* the new maps. How? Simply give XP in a decrementing manner - the more you run a new map the less XP it gives (ie, the leveling bonus flattens out), choose the ratios right and people will want to run each new map about 10 times each to get to 30. Perfect**. Same thing for 31 (don't need anything new there, it will just fall out from same mechanics) I would **much** prefer this to 150 runs of wt4 - it's soul-destroying and game-destroying possibly, when there are nice new maps we could be running. I probably won't bother with 31 this time. **One minor detail - if it's too hard to run all the new maps at 26 then the distribution will probably be skewed towards the lower maps, but that's fine and can be balanced with numbers. Actually, it can be even easier that that, simply give points for each new map completion, limited amount per map, have a bit of slack in the numbers and you'll get everyone running all the maps multiple times, which will also help newcomers find parties that don't bail.

As for the difficulty. Well, I ran all the bosses in a random group of *three* with my 26 gear, which is good but not great. One rogue two warriors I think it was (I forget tbh) - we did it easily, no trouble at all. At the end of it, we just said to each other - ***much*** easier than Kraken. And seriously it was. However, my mage is having a hell of a time. I can't find anyone who will even complete a level - they all bail before the end. 10 shots at meneater before I found a group to commit. No luck on alpha yet, no one wants to (or can??) finish it. Clearly I need to find those two guys again.

I do like the higher dollar quests - that's a very good idea and I will probably do more quests on this content. This is another good way to get people to enjoy all the maps if set up right. KI was silly - all the quests were on AMR...
    Last edited by Naoavi; 04-21-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I like the new areas, really awesome and challenging! Made me sine cash too! Thx STS
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rekful View Post
    Great and all, in theory. Not great in practice. There is a reason they made elite maps. For exactly what you said. Normal maps should be more casual. I'm not saying it should be easy... But no boss should be one hitting you.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hi everyone,

Now that the Battle for Nord has been out for a little under a day, I wanted to remind that the new content is going to feel pretty hard. We see this at every expansion. People rush to the end cap and then become frustrated that farming elites (or playing normal levels for that matter) isn't very easy.

People need to gear up.

People need to get to know how the zones play and the Boss strategies.

So yes, it will not be on farm mode yet. Please give it some time, thanks!
    i have to take you to tasks on this hardness. After Kraaken came out I did not notice a substantial difficulty rise in the previous maps. And after I got the Kraaken map expansion I had pretty much well completed every map on it within my first play.

you have totally gone over the balance on this one. To say that is exactly what you have done before in releases is not right. Or otherwise you DEVS are playing a completely different game to us.

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

16. The Following User Says Thank You to euromikeym For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Remember, this is new content that will be around for a few months - because you're struggling in the first weekend doesn't mean you're going to struggle all through May and June. IMO, I think this is the best update they've had so far (minus the ice-preventing potion). They've given us a lot of the things that we've been asking for (pink drops from bosses that are not in chests, they're getting close to the 10-15 minute elite runs, etc), and I think it's visually the best expansion.

If you guys think the nordr elites are too hard, go back to the kraken or dead city elites for awhile - you can still make good money off those chests and gear. If you want the end game gear, from the end game elites, yea it's going to be hard or it's going to cost some plat - especially in the first weekend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

the obvious solution is we should buy the 60 min combo elixir and then buy the 15 plat non freeze elixir and just use plat revs when we die. Then new content will be playable.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Nail View Post

Spot on...also it feels like they have done the maps harder so players will buy more luck elixirs, bcs of the really low drop rates of anything worth mentioning w o em... and when i think about it, even with em )

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I just wanted to mention that the Regular Elite Southern Seas boss got a lot stronger. I LOVED that board (got about half my 26,000 elite XP from it) and it was a fun run and gun killer. The boss once in a while would get off a lucky shot and kill me if I wasn't on the ball, but now he is wiping me just as often as the Elite Boss on that level used to. Not sure what is going on, but it is starting to get kinda frustrating, because the experience you get from that level has not increased, the loot you get from that level has not increased, so why has the boss's damage increased?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I just wanted to mention that the Regular Elite Southern Seas boss got a lot stronger. I LOVED that board (got about half my 26,000 elite XP from it) and it was a fun run and gun killer. The boss once in a while would get off a lucky shot and kill me if I wasn't on the ball, but now he is wiping me just as often as the Elite Boss on that level used to. Not sure what is going on, but it is starting to get kinda frustrating, because the experience you get from that level has not increased, the loot you get from that level has not increased, so why has the boss's damage increased?
    Because the frost has made the bosses more angry (lol). Aka, pot up!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Because the frost has made the bosses more angry (lol). Aka, pot up!
    Well the frost also seems to have affected my wallet because it is currently frozen shut. Perhaps a thaw is coming ...

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I'll just leave one comment... its unfortunate that the current most effective way to level up (without a serious time and financial investment) is by heading back to the tombs, rather than playing thru the new content.

The Devs have a huge challenge in keeping an extremely wide cross-section of players entertained. So I will keep the faith and hope that these games can continue to evolve in a way that will keep both the hardcore players as well as the pick up and play newbies involved, since that to me is the magic equation that makes these Legends titles unique.
    PL: Disko <Eclipse> | AL: Disko | BD: Disko <Exodus>