Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I don't think that exp elixirs are working correctly?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Ok Mystical, I'm not sure what your issue is. I'd ask that you please be more thorough in your documentation and less "sensational" with your posts. It would really help us if you are seeing a specific issue. Our QA team has played and doesn't see an issue with it. If anyone else wants to take some time to post their experience, we'd appreciate a different perspective. Given that we have thousands of players playing and few, if any, complaints in this vein, we're pretty confident that everything is working as expected.

I just took the time (playing on live) to load up a rogue at level 16. Here is my experience. I don't see anything amiss.

0/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue.
    Name:  1-lvl-16-rogue.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  38.7 KB

17/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after 1 solo run of the Hauntlet, killing all mobs, no elixirs
    Name:  2-lvl-16-rogue-after-solo-run.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  38.0 KB

41/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after turning in the Hauntlet quest (I had it in my quest book and just had to turn it in after seeing that golden question mark)
    Name:  3-lvl-16-rogue-after-quest-turn-in.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  37.4 KB

58/1600 exp Lvl 16 rogue after another run, this time with a 15 Sorc and a 16 Sorc. I am running on live and not controlling who can get in the run.
    Name:  4-lvl-16-rogue-after-run-with-2-mages.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  39.0 KB

Purchased the 2x 15 min elixir, 60 minute combo elixir and the 7 day exp elixir. Keep in mind that xp elixir effects are additive, not multiplicative.
    Name:  5-lvl-16-rogue-page-1-of-elixirs.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  6-lvl-16-rogue-pg-2-of-elixirs.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  57.9 KB

100/1600 exp Lvl 16 Rogue after a run with a lvl 17 Warrior with all of the above elixirs running.
    Name:  7-lvl-16-rogue-run-with-17-warrior-with-elixirs.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  39.3 KB

Seems fine to me.

Please keep in mind that exp gives fractional points per kill. In general 1 kill does not equal 1 exp.

Also, for what it is worth, I found the Hauntlet a horrible leveling game play experience solo. I much prefer to fight a nice string of small groups or individual mobs when playing my rogue, rather than the hordes of health chugging groups that I get in the Hauntlet. IMHO, I'd rather play the normal zones than do solo Hauntlet runs. It was a lot more fun when grouped with the 2 Sorcerers, who were nicely crowd controlling and aoe nuking the mobs.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 04-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com