Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I put points in STR?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    For every point of STR you put into a bird, you deny it a little more of it's intended purpose: Damage.
    You and I are some of the few who truly understand this concept, Crim.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:1072286
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I dont wish to bother you, if you think I am a nuisance (which I think you do). you have already helped me out alot before. And I dont care about kdr :/
    Not a factor of bothering. More of you read too much into things. Gotta break that shell of paranoia, bud.
    Ill try..

P.S: Micah youre back!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I member int bird during fang cap, now pure dex has become the most efficient. If you ever get bored try doing opposite of the purpose stat for each class lol. Ie: pure dex mage, pure int bear, and pure str bird. Note this will be useless in bsm and probally humania. But for a true pve build to lvl listen to crimson
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Just to play devils advocate, I keep a warbird specifically for pugs. When I'm joining randoms people don't always know what to do best, & strength gear makes up for some of their failings.
    I believe in the purism also, however, who cares if you know how to contribute well & everyone's having a good time.
    ( caveat : my main is a bird & I'd never do anything to take away one point of crit.)

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Put 1/3 in each str dex and int, bes build
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

how many threads u gonna make bout ur build?

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1 View Post
    how many threads u gonna make bout ur build?
    Until he knows the class inside and out. So a lot.

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Birds are originally built for Strength and Dexterity. The fact that strength only grants higher survivability rather than damage, and dex grants insane damage, has caused the majority of PL playing as birds to go for pure DEX.

After all, the Elixir Generation benefits greatly in runs whenever there are more and more birds in the party. Coupled together with a pro mage (>1s rez), birds in pure DEX could easily clear a run in record time. Same rule applies for those without elixirs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    Birds are originally built for Strength and Dexterity. The fact that strength only grants higher survivability rather than damage, and dex grants insane damage, has caused the majority of PL playing as birds to go for pure DEX.

After all, the Elixir Generation benefits greatly in runs whenever there are more and more birds in the party. Coupled together with a pro mage (>1s rez), birds in pure DEX could easily clear a run in record time. Same rule applies for those without elixirs.
    Birds are intended to be just pure DEX. No STR, no INT, just pure DEX. What's the use of having a character which is based on damage, without the highest possible damage?

It's false that pure DEX is caused by elixirs. During AO3 cap I don't remember seeing a guy with any points in STR. There are far more DEX/STR birds now than there have been, mostly due to fact that the average skill level is way lower than it used to be due to elixirs and ppl just dont know how to play bird effectively.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Birds are intended to be just pure DEX. No STR, no INT, just pure DEX. What's the use of having a character which is based on damage, without the highest possible damage?

It's false that pure DEX is caused by elixirs. During AO3 cap I don't remember seeing a guy with any points in STR. There are far more DEX/STR birds now than there have been, mostly due to fact that the average skill level is way lower than it used to be due to elixirs and ppl just dont know how to play bird effectively.
    Exactly, and I agree with you Ninja, and the main reason why Str/Dex birds exist is because of the lack of quality on players. Heck, Ragericon has even once considered respecing to equip a Savage set to give him 90+ dodge, but gave up on it as he realised that birds are meant to deal the most damage, rather than dodging all the time.

However in PvP, things aren't the same. I have seen a few Strength specced birds that has insane dodge in PvP, and they're really hard to kill without debuffing their dodge. Also, generally new players would be encouraged to add strength as a secondary stat, since a bird's base stats are;
    7 Dex
    2 Strength
    1 Int

So that means Str/Dex birds do exist from the beginning of the game, but the veterans realised that adding Strength is useless, so they went for pure DEX. And yes, it has worked out up to Sewers or maybe even further. But from then, newer generations of players came in, and their lack of skill has caused some of them to go for the original build again. And lately, in this cap, Strength based gear is considered OP due to their dodge, thus influencing more and more players to go Strength/Dexterity all over again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Ill try..

P.S: Micah youre back!
    Yes sir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

str r good in dodge if u have str gear and stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post

I would have to disagree.... While the thrash pandemic has driven me away from pl I was able to play at a high level for some time as a nerdie birdie
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

^^^he knows, he was in a Lilith set also at one time.
    Anyone else remember when lv 30 warbird could dominate?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I would have to disagree.... While the thrash pandemic has driven me away from pl I was able to play at a high level for some time as a nerdie birdie
    My reply was regarding just STR burds.

I was an intburd during Fang as well. I gave rly hard time to Kanital with my Lilith set and we became best buds and I got into Unity. I owe most of my PL PvP moments to Lilith set.

I'm not saying that Intburds weren't useful but in terms of viability they aren't that good anymore as talon + wing is just simply way better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO:1073355
    ^^^he knows, he was in a Lilith set also at one time.
    Anyone else remember when lv 30 warbird could dominate?
    There taking about pve not pvp.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    No one said pvp or pve, but I admit I'm digressing.

Shadow, if you want I'll post the stats of a bird in any/all crafted end game sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Savage birds with a black valient ring have a ton of potencial, but are very frowned upon :/ I would tell you go pure dex and learn your class blah blah, but you will enjoy warbird alot. Common where's the str, int, dex variation? This game doesn't have items class-specific for a reason. Yes, pros will rule by using it's corresponding gear, but if you want to stand out and try something new, go for it, there's a wide variation on what you can use. I still remember the epic battles I had with ninja during fang cap, warbird vs nerdburd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You and I are some of the few who truly understand this concept, Crim.
    Didn't you make a voodoo bird and said you had fun using it? There's nothing wrong with it, just saying, few people can use another spect, study it, and master it and that truly is an achievement.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    True viability is best seen in PvP arena against others, in this case Intbird vs Dexbird. Anyone who is generally good bird can use effectively any gear in PvE. The question isn't if the spec is playable in PvE as u could go in tripple spec as well and manage to endure. The real question is if it's viable compared to other builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathofan View Post
    Didn't you make a voodoo bird and said you had fun using it? There's nothing wrong with it, just saying, few people can use another spect, study it, and master it and that truly is an achievement.
    I can play any spec with my bird and I have actually done it. I will be Intbird at the very moment it becomes viable compared to pure dex. In this case a cap without talon + wing combo. Intbirds are basically talon birds and during this cap talonset outmatches wandset in every essential term, damage, crit, skill damage, speed, armor.

Once again, true question is viability. Not if it can be used as it is always possible.