Hello!

I try to be as clear as possible, first of all, there is no weekly or monthly contests.

In Traveler's Outpost is a Beastmaster giving elixirs every 8 hours, and if you're lucky you'll have a small chance of getting a pet egg (Although only a few eggs gives specific and already in Auction House you can find them very easily and pretty cheap)

Also the you can buy with platinum (Platinum can not be found in the game, you should be buying real money achieved through a credit card).

Even if there are contests to give away that gives STS platinum, just visit this Page and see if there is a contest of this game, although there consursos for the 5 different sets of STS.

Now to level up fast is best to go to Traveler's Outpost and there from to Watcher's Tomb and the best Level 4 (They're like 320 XP for about 8 minutes of travel, even for a level 17 that would be almost impossible)

You can also do normal runs elixir buy double XP (Can only be buying platinum), and that help to level up faster, but believe me to be level 17 in 5 days without having played this before I consider great.

I hope this will be useful.