Thread: Scammers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoae View Post
    i still dont get how this is a scam.

1. you want a laser talon
    2. someones trading a laser talon for 2 cosmo helms.
    3. you go and buy two overpriced cosmo helms.
    4. person selling talon has gone offline

maybe he had to go unexpectantly???
    seems like the fault is yours for buying two overpriced helmets...
    What qualifies it as a scam is the OP's assertion that the person offering the wing for two helms was the same person who sold him the overpriced helm, then disappeared. If it is, or even if it was a collaborator, it would certainly qualify as a scam in my book, a scam that can be avoided by just being sensible, but still...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well why would you (drewl) buy one for 180k if you knew they actually werent worth that much...
    Okay just to clear things up, TBH I thought Jacobs helmet sold at 120k nowadays, but thats not the point. Void wings are still pretty rare in this game, and I was desperate to get one to complete my archer set.

I bought the first Jacobs helm for 110k, and bought the second one at 180k.

Considering that void wings don't sell any less than 300 or sometimes 350 for that matter, and considering that they are still relatively rare in the game, I believe I still had a good deal going on.

If any of u find void wings and are selling them for 250k - 300k I'll buy them
    Deadarcherx - xDeadwizx - xCyclonex - Twinkmaster
    Lvl 50 Pure Archer - Lvl 50 Paladin - Lvl 46 Tank - Twinkbear
    "Awesomeness has no limits"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i still dont get how this is a scam.

1. you want a laser talon
    2. someones trading a laser talon for 2 cosmo helms.
    3. you go and buy two overpriced cosmo helms.
    4. person selling talon has gone offline

maybe he had to go unexpectantly???
    seems like the fault is yours for buying two overpriced helmets...
    I'm talking about void WINGS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    What qualifies it as a scam is the OP's assertion that the person offering the wing for two helms was the same person who sold him the overpriced helm, then disappeared. If it is, or even if it was a collaborator, it would certainly qualify as a scam in my book, a scam that can be avoided by just being sensible, but still...
    I'm still a bit stumped because I've never seen anything done like this, but I'm happy that I got to experience it because now that I know, I won't be scammed again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

whew.. thanks for info
    im lookin for the wing too, thanks drewl agen
    dont wanna be scammed -_-
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Well that still doesn't really qualify it as a scam... Lots of people sell void wings and Jacobs helms, so you can be positive its the same person. Even if it was, I guess it's kind of a scam, but part of the fault gos to you for buying the over priced helms, even if you weren't aware they were overpriced. You should never buy over priced things even if it might get you a good deal in a trade, because you never know what can happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that still doesn't really qualify it as a scam... Lots of people sell void wings and Jacobs helms, so you can be positive its the same person. Even if it was, I guess it's kind of a scam, but part of the fault gos to you for buying the over priced helms, even if you weren't aware they were overpriced. You should never buy over priced things even if it might get you a good deal in a trade, because you never know what can happen.
    Ah wells I guess you could put it that way,
    But I've never encountered this type of scam before, and I'm sure you'd blame all those people who have never read the forums before. I'm sure we'd all love to see them get scammed

This is just a post warning others about the dangers of this scam. I'm not looking for sympathy.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Oh the scammer you talking about is a lvl 45 mage with the toad helm name (MoonChu) beware this person lol he almost got me. I felt dumb too trading two jacob cosmo for a void wing, thinking about it. Its the worst selling rare out there y would anybody want two lol. Oh and the other scam moonchu use was trading halloween set for void wing and power armor lol. Next thing you know there a guy selling halloween
    Pinks lol. People do anything for money even sink that low

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

buying 2 jacobs for an average px of 150 is not that bad.. u can still sell them back out now for around that price in town.... 150 is the high end but doable so sell them back out now before they drop even more in price.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruePlayer View Post
    Oh the scammer you talking about is a lvl 45 mage with the toad helm name (MoonChu) beware this person lol he almost got me. I felt dumb too trading two jacob cosmo for a void wing, thinking about it. Its the worst selling rare out there y would anybody want two lol. Oh and the other scam moonchu use was trading halloween set for void wing and power armor lol. Next thing you know there a guy selling halloween
    sigh. yeah so much greed involved. tsk tsk. One of the main fun things about the game is the difficulty of earning money. With all the money in PL, what fun would there be? You can buy anything you want and there wouldn't be much to do anymore except to look for more items and just PvP.(although pvp is awesomely fun when bored.)

@Inching: hm i think jacobs cosmos dont really sell for that price now. it's been a bit difficult selling them for 100k already. I sold one a few days ago for 150k, but now i'm having trouble selling this one. =/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TruePlayer View Post
    ah yeah i saw that. i tried to offer him my halloween set but he wouldn't trade me
    IGN 'xeraa'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This moonchu did the same trick right at the beginning of oa3, that time power armor rift priced at more than a mil and he spam in town saying that will trade power armor rift for something was much cheaper i dont remmeber, rift shield or cosmos wand or something, right when i show the item on trade display, he disappeared and another person come and sellin that item