Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Please fix the "getting hit outside red areas from Bosses" in Nordr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I am ok with all other bosses in Normal mode for Nordr, though they are relatively hard compared to others map as they have insane HP and armor and damage to top it all. I am able to solo Grimnr and all others, but Frostir case is impossible. I did him on warrior last time, but it dont resets after he one hit me, but now he just keep resetting!

Even when i purchase the instant rev at spot plats, right after I die, he still resets =(

He do a quick normal attack that kills me instantly, with a surprising range for a warrior class.
    This should not be the case for normal map. If those on the leaderboards and best gears get one shotted, how is a normal player like me ever have a chance?

At the very least, can you make the portal for next map open so I can run right through it and forget about that nightmare until it is nerfed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It hasn't been fixed fought frostbite and it was facing away from me and somehow pulled me to it but i survived and it did it again when i was well out of its range.

Then I went on to fight frostnir in elite it
    was one of the most frustrating and
    annoying battles since it always seemed to hit me, at one point it was against the wall near the exit and i was near the middle well out of its range and the it attacked and i died. Even when they don't one shot it deals heavy damage and freezes and stuns me.

Please fix it
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-08-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

this still needs addressed guys. it's a major bug. please give it some attention.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    this still needs addressed guys. it's a major bug. please give it some attention.
    Devs said it probably has to do with lag. Basically, the server is right, your client (and what you see) is wrong.

Still hope they'll tweak it though, it's getting ridiculous when everyone in your party is getting killed while clearly being outside the red areas. Does everyone have a bad Internet connection? Seems weird to me.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lol i don't think so and with so many players experiencing it i think their answer is bs and one time he ran towards the wall near the exit and i moved to center of the room well outside his red ring of death hitting him with arrows and he did his attack and i died instantly which made no sense.

Also what frostbite and it's magical spider web which can pull you in towards it in any direction no matter where you are.

My pings normally around 90-300 so it's not lag
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-08-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

No way it's a high latency issue because: 1.It always happens when player is inside the cone and manages to get out when red flash dissapears. 2. It doesn't happen when player is near the boss hitting him and ignores the red warning cone. 3. It doesn't happen against other bosses for example woods' boss or kraken bosses. Also I have observed that when it happens I'm twice frozen i.e. two frost unbuff icons @.@

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Otawaazavie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that it has nothing to do with lag. As my ping at home when I'm on my tab generally never goes about 200 (always green).

I have been one shotted well outside the red zones. Also, as others have mentioned, getting pulled in and one shot when standing behind frostbit the entire time.

Its not lag. My best suggestion for the developers is to try it out.

Otawaazavie also makes a great point. If it were lag, the same thing would happen with Kraken bosses. Or any other boss for that matter. Or even mobs. It does not.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

One did but still says it's the server and that we weren't out of the zone..... This getting very frustrating what kind of proof do they need, because i don't buy their excuse for a second.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

this still next fixed. do devs read these?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Yeah but they keep saying what we see is wrong and the server is right, whatever sigh reminds me of when we try to bring up issues with ping spikes and lag problems.

Again still doesn't explain frostbite magical spider web pulling people towards it no matter where we are.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Saw frostir layout a warrior several times with 8,500 crit hits...yikes, bad day...ridiculous

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

More death = more plat resu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Still haven't addressed this issue and people are still getting hit outside of the redzone or getting one hit ko'ed suddenly.

I was using frost and escaped the red zone by quite a bit but i still died any way. Frostbite still pulls everything towards it and almost always one hits you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

All warriors complain about. what should we mages say. I wonder if developers ever tried these bosses as a sorcerer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Meh looks like frostnir is still hitting people outside of the zone even if you escape or not in it.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This stuff is definitely still not fixed. I can be standing next to Frostbite's hind legs and get pulled in with his axe throw ability. Also, his ice patches do not go where the indicator shows all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

It's been about 2 weeks now since STS last acknowledged this bug... We've had several updates since then and while those were great and much appreciated, this issue still needs addresing.

Personally I'm very frustrated with the lack of feedback on this, clearly something that bothers so many of us.

thank you
    Last edited by katish; 05-16-2013 at 07:47 AM. Reason: to be more constructive :)

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I agree, bosses still very annoying, but I don't think the problem is entirely straightforward.

1) To be fair to the developers I think there is a component of lag that contributes to the problem, but this in not the entire problem. Especially with Frostnir, I notice that if I leave the red area 1-2 seconds before the attack I am fine, but if I just barely make it out of the red area right before the attack I will frequently get hit. I think this does have to do with "lag."

2) It is not always clear to me if it is a special attack or if it is a critical regular attack from the bosses which one shot kills me. Again with Frostnir it appears as though it is not a special attack (eg with the red warning area) but instead a critical regular attack that often kills me as I have many times died from a one shot with full health when there has not been a red warning area. Of course I am a whimpy mage, but this is with a full defensive build with over 3000 health and 850 armor. I don't think any character, especially a fully geared one, should be one shotted by a regular attack from a boss even if it is a critical.

3) Frostbite still often pulls me in and one shot kills me when I am standing either to the side of or behind him. Again, no where near a red warning area, and sometimes when there has not even been a red warning area. Is the axe throw ability of Frostbite a special attack with a red warning indicator, or it it just a regular attack? Again, as with Frostnir, perhaps it is just a critical regular attack that is one shot killing me? I am usually very good at avoiding the red areas, especially with this boss.

4) Can you do something about dying immediately after plat revive? I am not shy about using plat revive, and I believe this is a pretty good revenue source for you guys, but I don't know how much more I will be using it if I die immediately after I use it. Yesterday, while fighting Frostnir, I died (no big suprise), and went on to use plat revive and died immediately, twice in a row! Again, not reasonable for any boss to one shot a fully geared player three times in a row in a matter of 3-5 seconds (again: mage, mythic gun, lvl31 noble "of security" or "of will" sets, with defensive str and armor rings and orion - running over 3000 health and over 850 armor). And this is not an isolated incident or the first time this has happened to me.

I am not writing all of this just to complain. I love tough bosses. In the first season I loved the challenge of the elite bosses in the gold mine and in rooks nest before the nerf when it took 30-60min to kill and required some strategy. Unfortuntely, the current bosses are just not fun the way they are. They are not bosses that really require any degree of skill or strategy to kill. You just have to be lucky not to be one shot killed by some random attack that you have no way of avoiding. Please fix to make these bosses fun to play, otherwise you are shooting yourselves in the foot. I have been playing this game almost every day from day one and I have seen many good players and close friends leave due to lack of attention to important details like this. Again, please fix!
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 05-16-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Annoying bug, it is.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    More death = more plat resu
    This. Sts is making bank off ppl having to Res in order to get credit for the kill. The wars can tank it out but rogue/sorc has no chance at the big hits last quarter of HP for boss. Splat left/right. Then if u try to run back the boss is either dead and no credit or reset after others die/leave. Only way to beat bosses is to beg guildies...lol...or buy plat and Res at last sec and run to edge of screen and hope the wide impact bug doesn't kill u again. Game just isn't fun anymore for anyone aside from plat decked players or uber tank wars.

U simply cannot get a group of RANDOMS to fight a boss with u for credit. Those days are GONE if bosses stay like this in regular mode. I had to wait until nordr came out and I fled both my rogue and sorc to 28ish before I completed kraken isles and 30 to get all nordr up to grimnr done. Still can't gert anyone to help lol. Doomed. Had to spend plat on fro stir and wolf to spawn at last second for credit. I'm done doing it their way. I will just merchant now/then and beat last campaign after lvling thru new ones. Rinse/repeat. Not spending another dime of my real money on it after I'm out this time. Greed has gotten the company far as I'm concerned.

Its funny u can't even find nordr boss guides...why? Cause its useless to try with their horrid attacks and out of range kill attacks and one hits.

My guide for grimnr = don't fight until lvld next expansion unless u r a decked war with guildies. Done, if u must fight....when he goes red run away and let him reset then rinse/repeat until thoroughly exhausted and turn off game. Done