Thread: Fighting Like a Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fighting Like a Tank

Hi Everyone,

I need some advise. I am a Level 22 Dagger Rogue (currently in Kraken Islands) and I find myself constantly having to fight like a Warrior Tank (mainly due in large part to the fact I'm not seeing many warriors running the areas at the time I am). I have to try and keep a boss in the same place because other Rogues / Sorcerers hit and run. I understand that strategy as we do not have enough armor or health to hold aggro like a warrior but I am always finding people hitting and running so far back that a boss ultimately runs back to their original spot and resets their health (is this a glitch?). The end result is a never ending circle of fight boss > die > run back > fight boss > die... I was wondering if there are Rogues experiencing this same thing or could it just be the luck of the draw with a random team? Seeing as when I ask people to fight together you have a couple run off in one direction and another go off in a separate direction with the same results. People die, run back into a fight, die, ect.

Should I just skip bosses and focus on mobs and once I get to a boss, just leave the dungeon and go to another to grind mobs?

Thanks for any help on what i should focus on.

~ A. Talzin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

This is really a matter of terrible PUGs (Pick-Up Groups). When players draw aggro, then run away and reset the boss, that is a sign that you are not in a very good group.

This is where Guilds and your Friends list offer a lot of value. Generally, I only accept Friend requests from people I know, and people that I know are strong players. When you get into a bind, invite Friends into your party to take down the boss. Same goes for Guilds. Use your guildmates. Eventually, you will get comfortable running maps with a select few, but at least your Guild gives you a decent pool of players to draw upon. It's a far better alternative than the randomness of a PUG.

If you aren't comfortable soloing a map, don't rely on PUGs. The skill level can be all over the place from map to map, so only do it if you are confident you can solo without other players.

As far as the choice to kill the boss - that is strictly up to you. Just keep in mind that the only decent drops come from bosses in Kraken Isles, and even then the odds are pretty slim. The best items from this expansion come from the Elite maps, so you are probably better off just leveling up.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It depends on your build, skill set and gear on how effective you will be, i've been that type of situation more times than i can count and have experience as tank so i tank if i need to.
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-10-2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance